Chapter 10: Reunion

The team is now in the guild office with the chief, Ilwa Chang. The chief claimed that the content of the letter mentioned Y/n and girls are to be a promising youth, and the guild should take a good care of them.

"Excuse me but, who is exactly Catherine-san?" Stelle asked.

"She's an amazing woman." Ilwa claimed and placed a photograph of a young mature woman with his younger-self. "She is the ex-chief secretary of the guild headquarters. After she quit that job, she instructed future branch managers. About half of the current acting managers were trained by her-"

"Wait a minute." Krul interjected and picked up the photo. "Who is this?"

"What do you mean? It's obviously Catherine-sensei." He answered. "Us former trainees all admired her for her beauty but when she got married, she moved from the capital out to the country."

Y/n and girls compared Catherine's photo with her current-self in their mind, and they quietly gave her their condolence for being fallen by the cruelty of time.

"Regarding the girls' Status Plate, there will be no issue." Ilwa informed. "But there's something I'd like to clarify first."

The chief then called his assistant, and he placed down a request paper on the table.

"We refuse." Y/n answered.

"Please, I would like you to listen before making a decision." Ilwa requested. "If you hear us out, we will turn a blind eye to your incident."

Y/n clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Talk."

Ilwa requested the team to find a missing person. The missing person's name is Will, the third son of count Cudeta. Will went to venture the northern mountain range with a group of adventuers and has yet to return. The northern zone is one that yet unexplored and where powerful monsters dwell, but Will doesn't have the necessary skill to survive there and yet he's insistent.

"You sure you want to rely someone with a blue rank?" Krul inquired.

"Yes, the same blue rank that just defeated a black rank." Ilwa mused.

"Even if you ask us, we have our own goals and have no time to be looking for a noble's son." Y/n protested.

"How about we raise you to black rank?" Ilwa offered.

"I couldn't careless."

Ilwa hummed. "In that case, if you do this, I promise the guild will help you in whatever was it can. I'm quite confident that with our influence, it will be be will worth it."

"Well, aren't you generous? Too generous for a third son of a noble." Krul commented.

"Personally, I get along very well with the count." He clarified. "I was the one who suggested the group who accompanied Will. I believed that the group I recommended had enough skill but at the time, I wasn't aware of exactly how difficult it would actually be... as a result, the worst case scenario was realized."

It's clear as day that Ilwa is desperate to find the noble son and yet, Y/n still wanted to refuse. However, there's still the incident with the noble fat man that his balls got kicked by Y/n that need to be resolve.

"If we accept, I have two conditions." Y/n stated. "First, you must make Status Plates for these two as well as never reveal what happened here. Second, I will have access to all your connections at my own convenience, even those not from the guild."

Ilwa jolted in shock. "That... that's a bit.."

"Then we're done here." Krul stated.

"Wait! Why the second request?"