Chapter 14: Square One

The team set off to Holward the next day. They used Nue as a mean of transportations as usual, and Rio is in awestruck riding a flying beast as she enjoying the view of the sky and the desert below. The fish girl leaned on the edge to the get closer look but accidentally slipped, and Y/n swiftly picked her up by the back of her small dress.

"Don't get too close to the edge." Y/n placed her on his laps. "You'll fall."

Rio nodded. "Okay!"

They continued their trip through the sea of sand and eventually made it to Holward. They strolled through the town with Rio on Krul's embrace, and Y/n felt a sense of nostalgia. He recalled the day he and his classmates entered the labyrinth and when someone pushed him into the abyss. It was only four months ago, but he felt like years have passed.

When they went pass a certain familiar Inn, Y/n recalled the night when Kaori told him about her nightmare. He assumed that the nightmare was already happened and if it did, he's glad since he's able to meet his companions.

They made it to the adventurer guild of Holward and when they entered the building, they immediately glared on by multiple tough-looking adventurer.

Rio shrieked in fear, and she immediately buried her face into Krul's embrace

Rio shrieked in fear, and she immediately buried her face into Krul's embrace. One of the adventurer then confronted them with his large body towering over Y/n.

"Hey brat! This ain't a place for pansies who walk around with their maidservants. Piss off before I make you."

Dan Heng jolted quietly in response for his master being insulted by the man. He was about to confront him, but his master held out his hand to stop. Y/n simply gave his servant a glance, and that's all Dan Heng needs to stand down and let the sorcerer handles the situation. Y/n then looked up to the towering adventurer with a displeasure gaze.

"You have one second."

The sorcerer let out his malice, and the man jolted in response.

He then started sweating profusely with his body trembling in fear, and he feared that any move he makes will mean his death

Dan Heng only chuckled softly under his breath in impress manner. He's proud to be able to serve under Y/n.