Chapter 19: Sunken Trial

5 days later, Y/n and the team took off with Nue in search for the Deep Ruins of Melusine. Y/n sent Dan Heng and Mahoraga to search the ocean while the rest stays on Nue on the air. However, they haven't found anything for the past 3 days.

Night time has arrived, and the full moon shone bright. Y/n gazed the biggest source of light until an idea appeared on his head. He reached for Gruen's medal and lifted it to the and suddenly, the medal glowed and fired a small beam of light into the ocean.

"Beautiful.." Stelle said in awe.

Soon afterward, they followed the light by using Dan Heng's dragon form as a transportation. Y/n and the girls stood on Dan Heng's nape with Krul manipulating the water to create a dome of air and ease up the water pressure.

They dived deeper into the sea and stopped in front of a wall, and it suddenly split open with a slight tremor. They proceed to head inside but after a moment, they encountered a strong whirlpool that pulling them deeper into the depth. Y/n and the girl held onto Dan Heng, and the dragonman struggled to fight through the violent current.

They fortunately managed to go pass the whirlpool in one piece but, a school of monster fish has appeared and chasing them from behind. Y/n went to the back and aimed his palm to the school.

"Jutsushiki Hanten... Aka."

A solid red energy orb appeared on his palm, and it flew into the school in a blinding speed. Then, a blinding red explosion erupted within the school and disintegrated them all with a devastating force of repelling.

They continued their journey down and encountered a symbol on a wall. Y/n brought out the medal, and it fired the light beam onto the symbol. The wall split opened, and they headed inside but suddenly fell out from the water into a ravine. Dan Heng reverted back into his human form, and Y/n quickly summoned a swarm of his rabbit Shikigami below and managed to cushion their fall.

"Everyone good?" Y/n asked the team.

"I'm okay!" Stelle replied.

"Don't mind me. Just enjoying the softness of these rabbits." Krul said while laying down on the rabbit swarm.

"My apology, Y/n-sama... I almost drained out my mana due to my transformation..." Dan Heng said while panting.

"You did well, Dan Heng." Y/n praised his servant. "There's nothing to apologize for."

"Thank you, Y/n-sama."

A stream of water suddenly fell out from above, but Krul is quickly to react by deploying a barrier to block it. Y/n then dispelled his Shikigami, and they safely landed on the ground. Once Dan Heng regained his mana, they proceed to go forward into the labyrinth.

.
.
.

They made it into a large and empty space.