Chapter 18: Reminiscing

"Y/n-sama!" Dan Heng landed next to his master with Stelle following behind. "I believe I've figured the clear condition of this trial."

"Speak."

"I found gems embedded on the wall of the lava dome and noticed some of them are shattered equally with the numbers of serpents that we destroyed."

"How many gems were there previously?" Y/n inquired.

"100." Stelle answered.

"In other words, the condition to clear this trial is to eliminate 100 of these serpents." Dan Heng concluded.

Two of the magma serpent lunged toward their preys, and the team quickly jumped away to evade the attacks. Dan Heng launched two of his spectral dragons and destroyed the previous two. Stelle readied her Playful Cloud and bashed another serpent with sheer brute strength. A swarm of serpent lunged toward Y/n, and he raised his hand to them and cut them all with relentless of Dismantle.

They continued to eliminate the serpents, and the gems on the walls continued to shatter as well. Y/n is about to destroy the last serpent while he's in mid-air, but a bright light suddenly flashed above him. He quickly braced himself with Domain Amplification, and the light engulfed both him and the serpent.

Dan Heng and Stelle are horrified but when the light died down, they are relieved to see that Y/n is unharmed

Dan Heng and Stelle are horrified but when the light died down, they are relieved to see that Y/n is unharmed. The dragon quickly caught the falling figure of his master, and they landed on a nearby cliff.

"Shishō!" Stelle landed next to Y/n.

"I'm fine." He reassured his disciple. "You should be more worried about the next attack."

As if on cue, a dozen of energy beam rained toward them. Dan Heng quickly reacted by spinning his spear and blocked the attacks with both wind and water magics. The beams continued to barrage the dragonman, and Y/n assisted his servant by negating the attacks with a discharge of lightning stream.

"I was right to plan this ambush."

Y/n and his team turned their attention to the voice, and they found a horde of dragons with a demon riding one of them.