Chapter 3: Cursed

Luck had saved Y/n from death.

He slowly woke up from his unconscious with a groan, and he found himself stranded on a river bank. He crawled his way out from the water while enduring the pain from all over his body. He then used a nearby wall to support himself up and limped his way to the unknown. He checked his weapon and sighed to relief that his dagger is still with him

He needs to move and find a way back up since the labyrinth is filled with monsters and while he's limping through the cave, he noticed the labyrinth is shone by small gems of Grantz Crystals on the walls. It helps him to navigate the labyrinth.

"Huh?"

He noticed a strange looking rabbit in a distance.

He wondered why there's a rabbit in a labyrinth of all places but realizing that he's in a labyrinth filled with monsters, Y/n quickly hid behind a wall and quietly observed the monster

"The lower we go, the stronger the monster is..." Y/n narrated the labyrinth's nature. "This little guy must be stronger than Behe-"

Y/n couldn't finish his words as a fast moving projectile flew toward him. He quickly leaned away from the trajectory as the projectile broke a part of the wall. Y/n fell to the ground with his back touching the wall. He panted in panic to see that the projectile is the rabbit monster.

"Gyokuken!"

The white wolf Shikigami emerged from the shadow by Y/n's call but immediately lost their head in a blink of an eye. Y/n witnessed the wolf's body fell in dread before the head splattered next to it, and both body and head melted into a dark liquid soon after.

Y/n began to breath sharply while sweating profusely as his heart beating rapidly. His eyes slowly wandered to the rabbit monster, and he quickly drew out his blade and pointed it at the monster.

"G-get away!"

The rabbit ignored the empty threat and launched itself to its prey. Y/n instinctively closed his eyes and braced for impact but, it never came. He slowly opened his eyes and much to his horror, a bigger predator caught the rabbit with its claw in mid-air.

The predator revealed itself to be a monster bear, and it immediately crushed the rabbit in its claw to death. The rabbit's blood splattered around its claw and dripping to the ground, but the bear couldn't careless. The bear then consumed the rabbit, and Y/n used its feeding time to move.

"Datto!"

A horde of rabbit emerged from Y/n's shadow and swarmed the bear like a storm.