Six

You had such a weird feeling after that. Why did they need you to take the phone and why did they tell you to leave? Was there something that they didn't want you to hear?

Anyway, you headed back towards Fort Pinta. You stayed silent the whole way, lost in your thoughts. You were at the intersection to Fort Pinta and Silverglade when you heard someone getting closer to you from behind. You moved to the side of the road so you wouldn't be in the way.

"Are you up to a race?" A familiar voice asked from behind you. Immediately a smile rose to your lips. "Anytime." You smiled, turning to look at Sabine. "This time, no mercy." She smirked. "I like the sound of that." You smirked back. "We start from here and finish at the beach of Fort Pinta?" She suggested. "Sounds good." You answered.

"Get ready to lose." She laughed. "I could tell you the same thing." You smiled. "Okay, three, two, one, GO!" She counted and both of you started to ride.

Both of your hair was flowing from the wind. You rode side by side, now and then either taking a lead for a while. You could feel Misty enjoying a good rival for a change.

Even though you rode side by side almost the whole way, you were able to get ahead of her just before the finish. You were so happy. Not about winning, but about having a good race. You turned to look at Sabine who had stopped a bit behind you. She was looking at you, her mouth slightly open.

"We have to do that again sometime." You laughed. "How did you-" She sighed. "I guess I was just lucky." You laughed. "Do you wanna sit down for a while?" You asked. "She looked at you, her confused face turning back to the normal intense stare. "You don't have to be long. Just for a while." You smiled. "Just for a while." She answered.

The two of you found yourselves a nice place by the beach and sat down. "How long have you been riding?" You asked. "Since I was young." She answered shortly. "Me too." You smiled. "I think it's funny how you always appear from out of nowhere." You giggled. "Out of nowhere?" She asked, looking at you with an amused grin on her face. "Yeah, like I feel like I don't know anything about you. You just appear from somewhere. Are you sure that you're not following me?" you laughed.

She just looked at you, rolling her eyes amusedly. "Hey, do you mind if I ask something?" You ask. "No, but I won't guarantee that I will answer." She answered. "Where did you get that scar?" You asked. The grin on her face turned back to the intense stare and she seemed to feel a bit uncomfortable about the question.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. You don't have to answer." You said. "I should get going anyway." She sighs, standing up. "Oh, okay." You said, a bit disappointedly, also standing up. "I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I didn't mean to." You said. "Yeah, whatever." She sighed and headed towards Khaan.

"Sabine? Can I give you a hug?" You asked. "What?" She asked, turning to look at you. "A hug?" You smiled and slowly walked towards her. She stayed quiet, looking at you a bit cautiously. You stopped in front of her and slowly wrapped your arms around her.

You pressed your head against her shoulder and squeezed her slightly. You could feel her placing her hands against the small of your back really gently.

After a short while you broke the hug and looked up to her, a smile on your face. "I'll see you again someday. Don't be shy to appear behind my back again." You smiled. She looked at you, smiling a bit awkwardly and then quickly mounting Khaan and heading towards Fort Pinta.

You smiled to yourself. You couldn't help, but feel a little crush towards her. Even though she seemed really tough and serious, somehow you didn't see her that way. Somehow you felt like you could see through the tough shell. You had to admit that seeing her flustered, made you feel things.