Eight

"Katja, let me handle her." You heard Sabine say. "What are you doing here? You should be with Jessica?" Katja asked. "We are done already." Sabine said, riding to Katja.

Sabine leaned down and whispered something to Katja and after that Katja just shrugged and headed to another direction.

"What is going on here?" You asked. "I'll escort you home, okay?" She said. "Ugh fine, but you better explain what is going on." You said and started to ride towards home. Soon after she rode after you.

"Why are you so moody?" She laughed. "Sabine, I have no energy to have you teasing me right now." You sighed. "Come on, don't be like that little one." She smiled. "Come on Sabine. What is going on here? Who is Katja? How do you know her?" You said.

"Full of questions, huh?" She laughed. "Yes. Yes I am." You sighed. "Katja is my friend." She answered shortly. "What about Lisa, Linda, Alex and Anne? Are you friends with them too?" You asked. "Haha, of course not." She laughed. "All of them seem not to like Katja and Jessica. Why is that?" You asked. "Let's just say that we want different things." She says.

"Ughh, why do you have to be so cryptic, I hate that." You sighed. "Because I know that you wouldn't watch me like you do if I told you everything." She said, keeping her gaze forward. "What do you mean?" You asked. "Nothing, we're here." She said, pointing to my home. "Oh, I didn't even notice. Do you wanna come in?" You asked. "I don't know if I should." She said.

"You don't have to stay long, just for a while, I have a lot more questions." You said, jumping down from the saddle. "Ugh, fine. But just for a while." She said. "Great, I'll go take Misty in the stable, you can go inside already, I'll be there soon." You said and rushed to take Misty in the stable.

When you were done in the stable, you wished Misty a good night and headed inside. "Oh you really came inside?" You laughed. "What do you mean?" She asked, looking at me from my couch. "A part of me just thought that you were going to vanish again." You laughed. "I mean, I can." She said. "Haha, so funny." You smiled and headed to sit on the couch with her.

"So, you're friends with Jessica and Katja, right?" You asked. "I wouldn't say friends, but companions, yes." She said. "What is the difference?" You laughed. "We just work together, I don't have friends." She said.

"We can be friends." You smiled. "I wish it was that simple." She said. "What is so hard about it? I know that you act like you are tough and all, but I don't buy it." You said.

"I-" She started. "I mean, yeah, you try to act like you don't care, but why are you helping me if you don't, Sabine?" You said, moving a bit closer to her. "You remind me of someone, someone I used to care about." She said, looking away. "The first time I saw you, I was sure you were her. I haven't lost to anyone since I raced with her, but then I raced with you and you won. It wasn't just luck Y/N." She continued.

"Did you lose her?" You asked. "I did." She said shortly. "I'm sorry Sabine." I said, placing my hand on her's. She finally turned to look at me. Over her beautiful coral eyes glimmered a thin layer of tears. Her face didn't have its usual threatening look. She looked sad.

"What happened to her?" I asked. She let out a deep breath and looked away. "I should go." She said quietly. "Don't go yet, please Sabine." You said, holding her hand tighter. refusing to let her get up. She stayed silent and looked at you again. "You don't have to act tough. I know you think you have to, but you really don't." You said quietly. She kept looking through every single detail in your face, while clearly thinking about something.

"You can talk to-" You started, but were quickly interrupted by Sabine leaning close to you and crashing her lips against yours. You jumped a little from the sudden action, but quickly returned the kiss. Her lips were soft and warm. You placed your hand gently to the back of her head. Her hands were wrapped around your waist. She pushed you slightly so you were laying on the couch and she maneuvered herself over you, not breaking the kiss while doing so.

Your lips were battling for dominance, but she won, obviously. Sabine moved her lips from your and moved to kiss your neck, leaving faint red spots behind her. You couldn't help but let out a shaky breath from the feeling of her lips against your tender neck. You sat up, also pushing her sitting. Both of you sat there quietly for a while, looking at each other.

She had a slight smile on her face, but a tear was falling from her eye. You felt like for the first time you saw her, the real her. Not the tough cover she had on, but the lonely, loving person inside the cover.