Chapter 2 - The first letter

I walked over to Jax and snatched the letter out of his hand. He nosily looked over my shoulder as I opened the letter. It read:

Dear Matt,
I sometimes watch you from the gardens of Wammys. The way you talk, walk, act fascinates me so. You will always be my number one.
From Anonymous.

The first thing I thought was "oh no some girl is stalking me" and then "Mello is back" and then "don't be stupid it's one of Jax' pranks."

"How interesting..." I said sarcastically, discarding the letter in my desk trash can. "Why d'you do that idiot! It's the only girl who'd ever like you!" I wretched at him and walked out of the door (still in my boxers) and walked down the corridors.

I was very confused as to why people were snickering at me when I realised my red/brown hair was all over the place; I was almost naked in front of all the girls and boys and my cigarette packet was sticking out of the back of my boxers.

My eyes widened and my cheeks went bright red. I sprinted back to my room;Jax laughed until his eyes watered while I did a walk of shame back to bed.

Soon Jax left for one of his upper classes and I was alone. I hated to admit the letter from Anonymous writer had shaken me so I read it again.

I couldn't remember his handwriting exactly but it sure looked like his. But why would Mello wait so long? So I couldn't remember his handwriting and he'd get away with it?

I just really hoped it was from him... It sounded like one of his poems.

{3 years previous}

"I love you so," I cracked up as Mello was trying to get up from under me to grab his poem book, "from Mello, aww Mells you even made the end rhyme!"

I got up off of him and handed the poem book to him. "You..." He snarled and pounced at me "you little... Near!" He screamed. That was always the worst insult between us two. God we hated Near.

I put my hand to my forehead and faked being insulted. Being sarcastic to a girly boy with anger issues was never one of my good ideas.

A pillow fight ensued until I won and Mello once again admitted defeat this was a daily routine...