Chapter 3 - Wammy life

After that mornings embarrassment I eventually forced myself to go to a lesson, I'm not a successor to L so I don't see the point in trying my best.

I don't really look ahead and plan like Mells always did, I just go with the flow. It certainly made me more calm then Mello.

The lesson was English, admittedly not my best subject although I was pretty good at it. Since I couldn't be bothered at first I was about 5... Okay maybe 35 minutes late.

I guess the teacher was in a bad mood, "where've you been Matthew!?" She asked. "Late." I responded already bored of this conversation. She rolled her eyes at my cockiness and left it.

I don't know why she called me Matthew as if Matt is an abbreviation of it, Matts not even my true name.

After a painful hour of English I skipped maths, I'd had enough torture for one day thank you very much.

Jax was once again in our room, I could hear his vomit inducing laugh from down the corridor. I walked into him in tears of laughter with paper in his hand. I snatched it away and scanned the note.

It was the love letter from when we were 12, that bastard...

Dinner came around, I didn't go for dinner cause I have no one to sit with since Mello left and I'd rather shoot myself in the face then sit with Jax and his swot friends.

He can go fuck himself.

So I just played ocarina of time until Rodger brought me dinner. This is the usual routine.

I didn't go to anymore lessons I just stayed in bed and played on the play station and DS, I didn't sleep until 5 in the morning just to annoy Jax.

The next afternoon I woke up and found I'd been sent another letter. I opened it, my heart racing and my stomach exploding with butterflies.

"Dear Matt,
I will always think of you when I'm lonely and sometimes I feel I need to retrieve you from Wammys. Who knows maybe I will..."

I stood glued to the spot, it has to be Mello only he'd left me only he'd need to get me. I savoured the moment reading the letter over and over.

Who knows maybe he will?