Chapter 7 - Nostalgia

I waited and waited not once leaving my room. Why should I? I have an en suite and Rodger brings me meals and stuff. I don't need to go outside its unnecessary.

I remember when we first met. We didn't actually click straight away, in fact quite the opposite. We despised each other.

{when Matt first arrived at Wammys}
"This is Mello he will escort you to your room, you'll both be rooming together." Rodger informed me. "He?" I asked foolishly "but he has girl hair!"

Mello growled and his lip twitched furiously "well that doesn't matter. Just leave please," Rodger said, sick of kids now.

Once we were out I was thrown to the wall and pinned against it, "ow!" I yelped. "DONT YOU EVER CALL ME A GIRL! IS THAT CLEAR?" Mello screamed. "Yeah okay." I said calm as ever.

Mello's face fell "you're not scared?" He said in a disappointed tone. "I've seen scarier to be quite honest. Well I've seen scarier then a girly boy with anger issues." I replied holding back my laughter.

He looked at me, surprised by what I just said and punched me in the stomach. "owww!" I shouted. He smiled triumphantly "NEVER call me a girl EVER!" He said and left. Unfortunately I had to follow him to our new room.

We made friends about 2 weeks later, it would've been sooner had Mello not been so stubborn.

I starred out of his window, it was August now and all the kids were outside playing peacefully. Well no if Mello was here there would be terrified screams and maniac laughter as he beat Near up for no apparent reason.

Mello was always awful to Near, mainly because he was so ambitious and he wanted to be number one. The only white haired fucker in the way of that was Near. I kind of understand why he strived to be first.

If I could be arsed I would, you get sick of being treated inferior after a while.

Mello used to be 1st but Near came soon after and ruined it for him. When he arrived Mello also punched him a bit harder than what he'd done to me and for much longer. Once Near had done the test to prove how smart he was Mello was put in second place and that's where he stayed until he left Wammys.

He may be second in Wammys but he was always number 1 to me but my opinion didn't matter he needed L's approval.