Chapter 5 - Dissapointment

By soon I was convinced maybe a week but it's been about a month since the phone call. He has stopped sending the letters, probably because his cover was blown.

So life continued as I reminisced and lived in the past as usual. Thinking of him was all I had left.

The next day I skipped all classes again, Hey! Why break my streak now? Right?! So I did what I had been doing for about 8 months now: played video games; chain smoke cigarettes and ate junk food all while thinking of him.

I stood outside in the February air. It was my birthday last month wasn't it? Must of forgot. I smoked my tab and looked towards the sky wistfully. I remember when I started smoking, he was so mad.

{3 years ago}
"M-matt what. The. Hell. Is. This!..." Mello shouted anger boiling inside of him. "A pack of cigarettes aren't you supposed to be smart?" I said keeping calm. "Are they yours?!" He growled while gritting his teeth.

"I don't see anyone else in this room do you?" I answered sarcastically. He threw the packet to the ground spitting on them and screaming "WHAT ARE YOU SUICIDEL!?? DO YOU WANNA DIE YOUNG MAIL JEEVAS!!" He screamed I ran and covered his mouth. "Shut up why don't you, no one can know my true name!" I said in a hushed but angry tone.

He stared up at me with tears in his eyes "don't leave me Matt. Don't die please!" He blubbered like a child, well he was 14. "I won't die stop being so dramatic, I'll be fine!" I said reassuringly.

"Thank you Mail." He whispered so only I could possibly hear. I smiled.

" YO GAY BOY!!" Jax screamed tearing me from the memory. "Wait what did you call me?" I said shocked. I don't act or look gay how would he know?

"SHUT UP AND GET INSIDE YOU FREAK!" He yelled. I chucked the cigarette to the ground, stepped on it and left it to die. Much like what Mello had did to me...