Chapter 8 - What happened in December

No mom don't go please you're all I have left. I looked into the fire at my barely alive screaming mother. Please mom I can't live without you! I heard her scream MAIL!!! And then all I heard was the fire crackling. My eyes widened as tears brimmed over and flowed down my face like a river. I shook in terror as my house burned before my eyes...

I woke in a cold sweat, tears streaming down my face and shaking wildly. It was December 11th now. Moms death anniversary, two days before I supposedly meet Mello for the first time in about 5 years.

I remember her skin pealing, her tears not coming out anymore, dad lying next to her. Already dead. I freaked and ran out of the house, I was 7 I had no time to lift the beam trapping my mother, it's my fault she died.

I sat up and looked over to see Jax still asleep even after I'd cried out. I looked over at the clock it was 10 in the morning. I got up and got ready. I wanted to do something, anything, to distract me from the horrific memory.

So what did I do?

I went to class.

Yup.

I could've done anything but I chose class. Hey! It took my mind off it.

All I could really concentrate on was Mello my hopes were slowly building, my expectations rising. I tried to not do this it might not even be him, it could be what Jax had said the only girl who would ever like me.

But deep down I felt it was him and that when I went to the gate his blonde hair would blow in the wind and he would be standing there with open arms, comforting arms. In the cute oversized black jumper he always wore.

I would tell him I missed him and he'd try to hide his emotions but fail like he always did. Mello always did like to act like the big man.

He would say he loved me.

And it would be perfect.