Chapter 9 - Unexpected

It was the day. December 13th. I didn't sleep, my heart was pounding a million times a minute and my palms sweated and nervousness and anticipation. I planned to wait outside the gates all day since he hadn't specified a time.

So at 1 in the morning I went and sat outside the gates. I hadn't really thought my plan through. It was -9 outside and I wasn't really 'wrapped up' the only warm thing I was wearing was my fur trimmed sleeveless jacket.

{2 hours later // 3 in the morning}

I shivered in my boots and sniffled. I was definitely gonna come down with something after this. A black motorcycle pulled up next to me and a man, I assumed, dressed in skin tight leather overalls, a biking helmet and doctor martins looked at me through the helmet.

He had rosary beads around his neck. I starred back at him. I had no idea who he was, not Mello, and he didn't know who I was. I just stood there, cigarette dangling from my mouth, back against the wall.

The man chuckled and then everything became clear. I'd know that chuckle anywhere and then I remembered his rosary beads and how he never took them off.

I felt years of tears come to my eyes at once and I broke down in front of him. "y-you're here m-my- well I-" I tried to say something. "I-i missed you so much." I winged taking my goggles off to wipe my eyes.

"I missed you too Matt." He said with no expression. I looked up and expected him to speed off but instead he took his helmet off and came to hug me. But I felt an agonising whack and everything went black...