Return to hell

Eh? Why is Berlin apologising? I thought as I walked over to him. "Berlin? What's–oh," my gaze landed on Poland who was sitting on the ground. As soon as he saw me, his face contorted in anger. First try to dial down the other party's anger. Give a small smile, show that you are willing to listen and do what they ask, Oma's voice rang in my head. I tried to give what I hope was an apologetic smile but from the way Poland's glare sharpened, it obviously didn't work. If that doesn't work, apologise, ask if they are okay. If necessary, offer help. "I'm so sorry for what Berlin did. I hope you're okay Prince Poland? Is there anything we can do for you?" I asked Poland in what I hope was my most polite voice. Instantly, his glare vanished and I felt a sense of triumph. Ha, it worked–

"Oh yes, fine as day. Definitely. Noooo, my wings are still on my back. Mmm-hmm. Yep, so I'm fine. But you know what you can do? GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SIGHT! NOW!" Poland yelled sarcastically, shocking me. Okay, scratch that. "On to step three," I sighed internally as I prepared my answer. Accept the other party's request if it's reasonable enough. If not, try to give something similar.

"Of course, we'll be on our way." Whispering to Berlin to start walking away, I gave Poland one last discreet look before walking off. As soon as we were out of ear-shot, Berlin stopped and turned to me. "I was fine, you didn't have to step in Prince Germany," he frowned heavily.

"It's nothing."

Berlin's frown deepened but he remained silent. He knew there was no use in fighting with me about this. The moment I had set my mind on something, that was it. There was no way of changing my thinking. Just as he was about to say something else, the sky suddenly opened up as a figure floated down from the heavens. "The portals shall be opening in a few minutes time! Please prepare your luggages now." It was Vice-Principal INTERPOL who was Principal UN's right-hand woman. She was the discipline master and was feared by many of the students for she was known to deal out harsh punishments. Even towards us royals which many "normal" people dare not offend. However, she was always fair in her ways which I respected.

Berlin sighed as he motioned to me to start walking back to the carriage. We began our journey , walking briskly. By the time we got back, the portal was already open and the driver and guard were already taking out the luggage. These would be sent to my dorm room immediately. Berlin hurried past me to help them. I stood quietly near the blue glowy portal as I watched them taking the heavy suitcases out from the back of the carriage. Soon everything was out and Berlin was rolling them into the portal. As he pushed the last one in, he nodded to me. It was time to go. Thanking the driver and guard, I took a breath before stepping into the portal.

Walking out from the other side, I found many other students walking out of their own portals, their servants trailing behind them. Many of them were excitedly running over to their friends, chatting about their holidays. I spied the Princes of Britannia, Canada and America, chuckling as they exited their portal. Many people swarmed over to them–technically just America–including Poland.

"Hey Doitsu, what's with the long face?" I spun around to face Neko Japan. I forced a smile onto my face and attempted to direct the conversation elsewhere. "Oh hi Japan! How was your holiday?"

Japan crossed her arms, her cat ears twitching irritatedly. "Don't go about and change the topic Germany. Tell me what's with your long face?" she demanded. "Isn't it obvious?" I rolled my eyes as I gestured to the majestic school building, "I'm not happy to start school." The building was glowing brightly–courtesy of the starlight that coated the building (don't ask how they got it onto the building). Strangely though, the Western half of the building was dimmed and darkened. It seemed to be draped in some cloth. How strange...

"Germany! Did you hear me?" I rubbed the back of my head feeling it throb after the hit she just delivered. " Was zum Teufel!" I swore loudly, earning a glare from Berlin who was waiting at the side, "For a small girl you sure have a powerful hand." Japan grinned but it was soon replaced by a frown as she repeated her question. Sheepishly, I shook my head. She smacked me on the back and I swore again.

"Mind your language Prince! Just because Princess Japan does not understand what you are saying doesn't mean I don't."

I shot an apologetic look at Berlin before making a face at Japan. She stuck her tongue out, cat ears turning forward in a sign of happiness. "I was saying, I overheard that the Western dorms are undergoing renovation works thanks to an accident that happened over the holiday season which destroyed the place. Bet you can guess who were the culprits. Clue: Starts with an 'A' and ends with a 'SEAN'."

I sighed and nodded. "Prof. ASEAN's kids right? Let me take a guess, it was the Three Musketeers?" I grimaced. The MalPhilIndo trio–aka the three Musketeers–were super infamous in school for being the cause of some of the most damaging fights. It was a wonder that Principal UN hadn't asked them to leave the academy. Then again, they were somewhat under Prof. ASEAN's protection.

Japan nodded and I sighed again. "Oh well, at least the dorms are supposedly getting upgrades, at least that's what I overheard. All the dorms I think. Tower by tower. But we might have to share rooms if that's the case," she added. Another sigh escaped through my lips. Really? This is what I come back to? I was about to ask Japan something else when America called her over. "Ah, I must go now Doitsu. Shall we talk more later?" she asked politely.

"Yea sure, we can," I answered, feeling a pang of disappointment. Why must she join them? Japan smiled at me before skipping off as she joined America and co. I watched them laughing and I felt a sense of jealousy. Why can't I be like you Japan? Or Italy? Why can't you two be like me? Why does everyone forgive you? Berlin placed a hand on my shoulder and I sighed as I turned away from them. "Why can't anyone just forgive our kingdom?" I murmured. Berlin patted me as he answered, "It's just the way things are I suppose Prince. After all, we have done some evil things in the past and they probably don't believe that we have turned over a new leaf."

"Do you think I'll turn evil, Berlin? Like Vati and Opa?"

Berlin stayed silent as he thought about it. "I don't believe so. They...well please don't mind me speaking bad about your family but they were filled with much bitterness and resentment. You on the other hand Prince...you grew up wary of the crimes the previous rulers have committed. I think that has made you wary enough of starting another war. Besides, with the Queen guiding you, I highly doubt you will start another one. So don't worry too much Prince Germany."

I nodded and thanked him for his words. "No problem Prince. As your servant, it is my duty to support you," he answered.

Translations:
 Doitsu (Japanese): Germany

Was zum Teufel! (German): What the hell!

All translations by google translate. 

_________________________________________

Hello hello! I'm backkkkkkkkk again! Hehe, here's a little sneak peak to the ASEAN gang who I hope will show up in the story at some point. And yes, the MalPhilIndo trio (or Three Musketers if you will)  are really a bunch of trouble makers. 

ASEAN: Why did I adopt these idiots?

Me: Because you're a nice guy. 

ASEAN: Well, ASEAN regrets his choices. 

Me: ;-;

Anyways, like I said, school's starting so I dunno if I'll update as often. Sighhhh, the projects are coming back to haunt me. Also, do you think Ger and Pol will be sharing the same dorm room? Comment will ya?

Okay bye y'all!