Curiosity killed* me

After UN had finished his speech, America, Japan, Italy, South Korea, Canada and I decided to head to the courtyard area to play some football. Or soccer as America calls it. We parted ways to change into proper attire and reconverged.

*

"PASS THE BALL! PASS THE BALL!" America yelled as Italy evaded an attack by Canada. Italy kicked hard and the ball sailed above my head. I bemoaned my short height and could only watch as America dribbled the ball over to our goal. South Korea reached out but failed as the American prince scored. His teammates, Italy and Japan cheered as South Korea glumly picked the ball out of the makeshift goal. "C'mon Ame! Switch to my team! SK can go to yours. You've won too many times already!" Canada pleaded. America responded by sticking out his tongue, "Nuh uh! We picked the teams fair and square. Deal with it Nada, I'm the superior one in soccer." Canada made a face at that.

"If it were ice hockey Nada would totally win though!" I countered to which America sighed. "Ugh, don't remind me. I played against him during the holidays and he thrashed me completely," he groaned and shot a look at a smug looking Canada. Just then, I heard someone calling America.

" 'Merica, ¿te importa si nos unimos a ti?" it was Argentina and behind her was Brazil and Mexico. I saw Canada's eyes light up as he waved happily to the Mexican. Japan, SK, Italy and I waved to the newcomers as America replied, "Cosa segura!" I think it meant...sure? My Spanish was poor considering hardly anyone in my kingdom spoke it. For America and Canada however, it was like second nature to them. Their kingdom was known for taking in many immigrants from other kingdoms searching for a better life. Over the years, school lessons had started to include learning several other languages to facilitate better communication between immigrants and citizens.

Judging by the delight in Argentina's face, I could tell that she was pleased. Okay...so they were joining. Internally I groaned. These countries were known for being the best at soccer and I knew that I stood no chance. "One of you will be the ref I guess, since we need an even number of players," Brazil's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "I'm beat already so I guess I'll be the referee," Japan said as she took a seat on the grassy ground. We agreed and sorted ourselves into teams: Argentina, Brazil, SK and America on one team, Canada, Italy, Mexico and me on the other. "Get ready to be thrashed," Argentina yelled to us. I groaned internally under my breath. My team was so done.

...I was right. The first match went horribly. Argentina and Brazil managed to score at least 5 goals together. My team only managed to score 1. "The winner is Argentina's team!" Japan announced and Italy shot her a glare.

"We know that already!" he snapped, crossing his arms. Japan merely shrugged. Just then, my stomach rumbled loudly. My face turned pink as the others looked at me. "Hungry amigo?" Mexico raised his eyebrow. Embarrassed, I nodded. My stomach growled as if to reaffirm my words. Frick you stomach-

"Well, I'm pretty beat already. Plus we did miss lunch. Maybe we can continue after a short break?" America suggested to which everyone agreed. With that, we sauntered off to the dining hall.

*

Since we were too full after our late lunch to play another game, we decided to head back to our rooms to rest. Walking back to my dorm, I chatted with America and Canada. "Who are your roommates by the way?" I asked them. "Well, both of us are sharing a room along with China," Canada answered as America sniffed. "The bastard is so irritating," he complained. Canada rolled his eyes and mouthed, "Don't listen to him." I giggled but stopped smiling when America asked how my "situation" was.

Sighing, I recounted the incident between Singapore and Germany. When I finished, America's face contorted in disgust as he shook his head. "Ugh, I swear I'm going to kill him," America muttered as Canada nodded. I sighed again as I reached my room. "Whatever the case is, I'm still going to stay away from him so don't expect too much trouble," I answered.