Sickness

Thud! "Poland!"

I looked up from my book and gasped. Poland was on the ground in a heap, forehead shining with sweat. America was next to him, frowning heavily. Looking up, his eyes landed on me. "Did you do something to Poland? He was fine earlier. You must have done something!" he accused me as others murmured their approval. My eyes widened as I denied the accusations.

"Students, move aside. Let's give Poland some breathing space okay? America and...er...ah, Finland, can you guys both go and get Nurse WHO or one of her helpers?" Ms NASA intervened–much to my relief–as students shuffled to the side. America huffed and glared at me before Finland ushered him away. Ms NASA bent down and lifted Poland's head onto her lap as she told everyone to sit back down. "Continue your reading everyone," she instructed as everyone reluctantly returned to their seats.

I had finished a long time ago and simply laid my head on the table hoping to get some rest. The previous night I had hardly slept. All I could think about were Singapore's words. Unfortunately for me, Russia had other ideas. "I know you didn't do anything to Poland. So please, I'm this close to begging you, just tell me what happened between you two?" he whispered. I looked at him tiredly and silently shook my head.

"For the last time, I repeat, please stop asking me about this."

"But-" he was cut off as the chatter suddenly increased in volume. "Look! Poland's awake!" they said. I craned my neck and sure enough, he was finally conscious. He looked around in confusion before weakly asking what he was doing on the ground. Ms NASA patiently explained everything just as America and Finland returned with Nurse WHO in tow. The nurse had a disturbed look on her face as she bent down to take a look at Poland. Ms NASA helped him up as Nurse WHO took out a thermometer. Instructing Poland to open his mouth, she quickly got to work measuring his temperature.

"Merde," America's expression darkened when Nurse WHO swore. He glared at me from the corner he was in. If looks could kill, I would have already been dead. Now what? "Did anyone notice that Poland was extremely ill?" she asked the class as Poland's pale face flushed red. We all shook our heads–America included. "I did noticed he was a little pale and seemed tired earlier. He said he was fine though!" a girl squeaked.

"And I am! I...I'm fine!" Poland protested as the nurse shook her head violently. "Your temperature is literally 39.8ºC! You're literally burning up!" she shrieked hysterically. Nurse WHO could be calm most of the time but whenever someone who was injured or sick claimed that they were fine and didn't need medical help, she would lose her cool. "You are coming to the infirmary right this instant!" Poland began protesting as he tried to stand only for him to wobble as his eyes rolled back into his head before he collapsed again. Everyone around him tried to catch him but he still fell onto the ground with a soft thud. Nurse WHO slapped her forehead as she ordered, "You two in the corner there. Yes you two over there. Help me bring Poland to the infirmary now." America's eyes widened as he interrupted, "You can't be serious?! Germany and Russia?! Are you trying to kill Poland?!"

Ms NASA raised her hand but America paid her no mind. Without his brother holding him back, America's rage became like a wildfire gone untamed. (Unfortunately, amongst his friend group, only he and Poland were in the same form class.) "I need Russia's ability to cool Poland down," Nurse WHO explained calmly as America continued to seethe with absolute rage. "What if that bastard tries to freeze him! I wouldn't put it past you Russia. In fact–"

"United States of America, that is enough! Everyone back to their seats now!" Ms NASA's voice had become an octave lower as she glared. Everyone made a sound of surprise before hurrying back to their seats. Only America remained standing, glaring at me and Russia. "America. Back to your seat. Now. Let Ms WHO deal with Poland," Ms NASA's voice was firm, her electric blue eyes glowing ever so slightly with hidden rage. America huffed before sitting back down grudgingly. He looked at me, eyes burning, message blazingly clear: You better not harm Poland. Or else.