Taking the first step

Ringgggg! The final bell rang, signalling the end of another tiring school day. Prof. EU smiled as he began packing up his books. "Well, that marks the end of our lesson for today. Remember to read pages 215–230. I'll be quizzing you kids on the content next class," he reminded us, "Have a good evening!" Ame stood up in his sea, stretching as the classroom filled with chatter.

"Wooo! Finally the classes are over!" he cheered.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but we have a ton of homework to do."

Ame stuck out his tongue childishly as he plugged his ears with his fingers, "La-la-la! I can't hear you! Therefore my homework doesn't exist!" "Oh shut up already Америка!" a shadow fell over me and when I looked up, I was horrified to see Russia towering above me. Ame smirked and coyly waved at the Slav. Russia recoiled, disgust apparent on his face. He muttered something under his breath before giving Ame one last glare and left. As soon as he had gone, Ame burst into laughter. "Oh man, did you see the look on his face when I waved at him? Oh my...hahahahahahahahahahaha," he howled, face red, "Hahahahahahahahaha, he's soooooo f**king scared I'll hit on him, hahahahahahahahahaha! As if I'm...hahahahahahahahahaha..." Everyone was now staring at the crazy prince. I grabbed his collar and hissed at him to shut up. Slowly, Ame stopped laughing although he was still giggling (like some teenage love-sick girl if I may add). Rolling my eyes, I began packing up my stuff while he waited for me. "Come on, let's go already," I muttered gruffly. Ame, still giggling, nodded, followed after me.

We entered the dining hall where we found Italy waving us over. I raised my hand, acknowledging him as we headed over to the meal area to grab our food. After we got it, Ame and I headed over to the table. SK, Japan and Canada were also there. I guess Ukraine was busy–she seemed to be really busy these days.

As soon as he sat down, Ame began re-telling his story to the group. When he was done, Canada slapped his brother on his head. "You dumb beau cave. I swear you just want to have another fight with Russia," he lamented, giving the rest of us the 'see what I have to deal with?' look. "Yea and it'll be so worth it!" Ame grinned. Japan rolled her eyes at his childishness while SK continued to eat his noodles quietly, as if he was watching a movie. Italy chuckled as he piped in, "I mean, I've got to agree with Ame. That ice-block can't take a joke at all!"

"HA! Take that 'Nada! One point to Eagles!" Ame shot finger guns at his brother. Canada slammed his head against the table in defeat. SK set down his chopsticks as he turned his attention to me. "How did the treatment go?" he asked. Everyone turned in unison to look at me, the same expectant look on their faces. I let out a nervous laugh, "Er...it...it went well. I don't remember much about it to be honest."

"Did the nightmares stop?" Canada asked.

"Well Nurse WHO said I slept uninterrupted and I don't recall having any nightmares last night so I guess that's a good indicator."

Everyone nodded in approval and Italy clapped me on the back. "Congrats Poland!" he smiled. I smiled back before quietly adding, "Well, the bulk was done by Germany." Ame's face shifted imperceptibly and I could tell he was holding himself back from voicing out his opinions. "Speaking of him, where is he?" Italy asked, "I haven't seen him the whole day. "Last I saw him, he was in my class, nodding off to sleep."

"Ah, I guess the treatment must have drained him of his energy," Italy muttered, "I guess I'll just catch him tomorrow then. Oh, Poland, maybe you could inform him that I'm looking for him?" I nodded, making a mental note. Japan looked a bit worried but didn't say anything. Is she worried about Germany? Well, the two were relatively good friends–at least in my eyes–so I supposed it made sense for her to worry about him.