I trust you

"Is Prince Germany here? Prince Federal Republic of Germany?" a junior, probably a Year 2 or 3 poked her head into our class. Prof. AU who was halfway through writing a question on the board nodded as she called for me to stand up. Everyone murmured curiously as I cautiously rose from my seat. A flicker of fear crossed the student's face, "Er...erm...Vice–principal Interpol has requested...requested for...for your presence at the...the Office of Discipline...Prince Germany." A few gossipy whispers spread across the classroom when they heard her question.

"Isn't that INTERPOL's office?" someone muttered.

"Yea it is. I wonder if he harmed Poland again," someone snarked.

"Is that why the poor boy isn't back yet?," another person whispered.

"Aww shit, you might be right!"

Their comments stung me but I ignored them and moved towards the student. As I neared her, she began to tremble and stutter, "Plea...please...please foll...follow...me." I sighed, why are you so scared of me? Just because I have a shitty reputation doesn't mean I am a monster. I wanted to say all of these but knew deep down, nothing I said would make a difference. As long as I was here, and as long as the rumours kept flying, everyone in the academy would fear me. The student began moving and I silently followed after her.

Our walk was silent until we finally reached the office. She squeaked something incomprehensible before rushing off. I sighed for what must have been the hundredth time as I stared at the large oak doors. What if I'm in actual trouble? My fist hovered over the surface of the door, shaking. No. No. I shouldn't be. I didn't do anything else to Poland. With that in mind, I knocked quickly before retracting my hand. A few moments later, the door opened, revealing Vice-Principal INTERPOL. I caught a glimpse of a white suit sitting at her desk and shivered knowing who it was. "Please come in Prince Germany. We have much to discuss," she told me, widening the door. I froze as my eyes met UN's void black ones. A serene smile crossed his face and he motioned for me to enter. I looked at INTERPOL for confirmation and she nodded. I stayed still for a few moments before entering the room. The door closed behind me and I couldn't help but tense up.

"Take a seat please," UN motioned to the black couches surrounding the desk he sat at. I took a seat in the one furthest away from him. INTERPOL sat on the opposite couch, crossing her arms as she took a dark blue file. Opening it up, she asked, "Do you know why you are here Prince Germany?" I shook my head as her head snapped upwards. "Answer me properly," she ordered, her blue eyes glowing. Gulping, I quickly answered back, "No Vice-Principal INTERPOL." She looked towards UN who simply stood up and asked me to reveal my wrists. Confused, I obeyed him, not wanting to get another scolding from her. Rolling my sleeves up, I revealed the two golden bands that encircled my wrists. UN tapped on them four times each as they fell to the ground with a clang. I felt an invigorating rush of energy as my stagnated power began to move through my veins.

"That feels much better doesn't it?" UN asked me. I looked up at him, slowly nodding. "But sir, why did you do that? I thought I'm still on probation," I asked. UN nodded to INTERPOL who stood up and began pacing. Back and forth...back and forth...back and–

"Poland's awake now and he's doing much better," she started off, jolting me out of my daze. I heaved a sigh of relief. Thank god. "But, he has a request. One that involves you," she turned to look at me. I froze, digging my nails into my palms.

"He would like you to remove his nightmares," UN finished for her. INTERPOL made a disgruntled sound–clearly displeased with UN's interruption. I unclenched my fists and stared at him in disbelief. "According to Nurse WHO, well Singapore actually, you can–"

"Yes, Singapore told me. Using my ability I could potentially help Poland, yes I know this," I interrupted uncharacteristically, heart racing, as UN shot me a disgruntled look. INTERPOL ignored him as she continued, "Well since you already know what you can help with, then I suppose we can skip the explanation and get down to asking the question. Will you help Poland?"