chapter 2

~ Nick's POV ~ 

"Nicholas can you hear us?" i start hearing around me. My eyes are flickering and slowly open. I'm so confused how am i laying on the ground all of the sudden? how did i get here? what's going on? what happened? 

I fully start waking up and realise i have an oxygen mask on me, breathing hurts but at least there's getting air into my lungs now. "w-what h-happen-ed? w-wha-t's g-going o-on?" I ask panicked. 

"You we're in a lot of pain and passed out Nicholas. It's going to be okay, we are going to help you okay?" Nina says and i just nod, still not really knowing what's happening around me. 

"do you think you can sit up?" Sofia asks. I shrug not really knowing anything right now. Nina and Sofia help me sit up against the wall and i feel extremely light headed and i start seeing black spots. I start closing my eyes and Nina says "hey no Nick, try and stay with us." I blink a few times and manage to open my eyes again, "Good." Nina says, "we're going to do a few test seeing what your heartrate and blood pressure is at okay?"

They do a few tests and Nina tells us the results. "Your heartrate is at 165 bpm, that's extremely high for the fact you're not exercising or anything right now. You're bloodpressure is 85/55 which is extremely low. We need to take you to the hospital for further tests and research what's going on with your chest right now."

I'm really limp so they put me on the stretcher together and get me in the ambulance, Charlie and Mr. Farouk are riding with. Mr. Farouk is on the phone with my mom, Charlie is holding my hand and i can feel him shaking from anxiety. Nina is sitting with us and Sofia is driving. My breaths are still shallow.

She put me on some sort of heartrate monitor and it's at 155 bpm now. The oxygen mask is doing some work, but very slowly. She gets the oxygen mask of me and hands me some kind of inhaler.  "i need you to breath this in 5 times okay? We wil breath together." Nina explains. We take 5 very deep breaths and i can barely keep up with how slow we're breathing. "good job Nick, this inhaler will help you breath in a few minutes, it makes sure you'll breath slower and more controlled." 

---------

Some time passes and we arrive at the hospital, we go to a room in a hurry and they put me on all different kinds of monitors. "I'm going to put an IV in you that will probably help you with your chest pains" "NO!" i scream in panic, "please don't!" i say, being in full panic mode, i already was but this just made it worse. "he's extremely afraid of needles" Charlie says to Nina. "i see." Nina says. "Nick i really have to put an IV in you though, i will use a thinner needle so it will hurt less. You can hold Charlie's hand and look away while i do it okay" Nina explains. "n-n-no" i say while tearing up. 

"sweetheart you really need to, they need to help you" Charlie says to me. "f-fine b-but d-don't t-tell m-me w-when y-your g-go-ing t-to d-do i-it" i choke out. "that's okay, i won't" she says. Charlie sits next to me on the bed and grabs my hands and i squeeze them really hard. "s-sorry Char." "don't be Nick, squeeze as hard as you need too, to distract yourself"

Nina is prepping everything and moving around and my heart is pounding out of my chest and i start crying so much. People who don't have this phobia will laugh at my state right now, but this is absolute hell. I squeeze my eyes shut and hide in Charlie's chest, i'm crying so much, my heart is racing and i start hyperventilating.

"deep breaths Nick, it's okay" Charlie rubs my back. Charlie motions something to Nina and lets go of me. He grabs my earbuds out of my schoolbag and puts them in my ears and he starts playing an breathing exercise audio i can follow to help calm me down. He puts his arms around me again and i hide in his chest again still crying and hyperventilating. I focus on the audio and taking deep breaths while also breathing in Charlie's smell, he smells so good. I love my boyfriend, he's always here for me to make sure i'm okay even if he's not he always makes time to make sure that i am. 

Suddenly Charlie lets go of me again and takes out my earbuds. "you're all done babe, i'm proud of you." I let out a deep breath and open my eyes again and Charlie gives me a kiss. "goob job Nick, i'm all done now. I put an IV in you with medication that should help you in the next 30 minutes. I also drawn some blood from you to sent to the lab." Nina says to me while smiling. "t-thanks" i say, still shaking. "i'll leave you two alone now untill i have more results for you."

Nina leaves the room and it's just me and Charlie now. "where's Mr. Farouk?" i ask confused. "he had to get back to school but he called Sarah and she's on her way here right now" "mm kay" i say. "how are you doing Char? i know i'm not the only one who's in stress mode right now." i say while hugging him. "i'm really really worried about what's going on with you and i-i'm just so s-scared and it was so scary seeing you like that, gasping for air not being able to breath. And- and then you passed out and- i- i thought i l-lost you." Charlie says while tearing up.

I hug him even tighter "i can't imagine how scary it must be seeing your boyfriend like that" we hug for awhile while crying in each others arms, untill i fall asleep with Charlie wrapped around me.