chapter 13

~ Nick's POV ~ 

It's been three months since i got my diagnoses and i can finally say i feel a bit better then three months ago. I can manage my passing out so much better now. If i feel it coming i can put my legs up for bloodflow, i'm on medications that work and i eat the right foods that help. 

I'm really glad i don't pass out so much in a day anymore. It's now mostly one or two times a day and that's so much less exhausting too. I have more energy then i had in the last few months and i feel a lot more like myself again. 

The medicines for my heart didn't do their jobs so i'll be getting a pace maker for my heart tomorrow morning. I'm really scared for the surgery but i know it'll help me for the rest of my life so i only have to get through tomorrow and then it will only make me feel better. 

I'm on the couch and i suddenly get snapped out of my thoughts when Charlie comes back from the bathroom and cuddles up onto my chest. "You know how much i love you?" Charlie randomly says to me. "Where is this coming from Char?" i chuckle, knowing he was probably thinking about my surgery tomorrow too.

"I just love you so much, i'm so grateful for you and i wish we could just stay here cuddling for the rest of our lives" he says "wow you became sappy Char" i laugh but sit up to be a little more serious now. "I love you too Char, so fucking much you have no idea. And we're definitely going to cuddle for the rest of our lives, we're always and forever." I kiss him passionately and we cuddle again for the rest of the night.

-- the next morning --

It's the day of the surgery and i wake up so incredibly anxious, it's insane. "goodmorning baby, ready?" Charlie asks while he kisses me "hmm i guess, i'm really anxious" "it's okay, i'll be by your side the whole time, you're strong Nick." I kiss him and we get ready. 

Once we arrive at the hospital with my mom and Charlie, i get ready in my room for surgery and then the doctor comes in. "Goodmorning Nick, my name is Braydon and i'll be your doctor today, are you ready for your surgery or do you have some more questions?" he asks and i'm too nervous to think. 

"He's nervous, but i think everything's clear." my mom speaks for me and Braydon nods. "I'm going to give you anesthesia Nick and then you'll be ready for surgery" Braydon explains and i just nod. I want this to be over with already.

~ Charlie's POV ~

Braydon puts a mask on Nick and asks him to count and Nick does so. "20... 19... 18... 1.7... 1..6 1....5... 1....." Nick can't even finish the fourteen and then he's out. Now he's anxiety free for a little bit, that's good. "The surgery will be about an hour to an hour an a half" Braydon tells us and then he brings Nick to another room. 

---------

A little more then an hour has passed and the wait was absolute torture, it really felt like the longest hour of my life. But Braydon walks back in the room with Nick sleeping in his bed. "Everything went well! He should be making a full recovery. He will probably wake up soon, i'll let you guys alone with him" "thank you" Sarah says and we both walk to one side of the bed waiting for Nick to wake up. 

10 minutes go by and Nick starts tossing and turning a bit, but he's hooked up to machines so Sarah holds him still while i hold his hand, drawing circles on it. After a few minutes Nick opens his eyes and looks around a little drowsy, probably from the anesthesia. "Hi baby how do you feel?" "hmm tired and sore" 

I decide to cuddle up next to Nick to make him feel better and it's a plus that i love it too ofcourse.

---------

~ Nick's POV ~ 

It's been a week since the surgery and i feel good. Well at least okay, i have my moments. The pacemaker is working and doing it's job and i'm really glad. I've been on bed rest for a week now from how sore i was but i feel better now.

Charlie is laying next to me again and he starts cuddling closer into me. "Char, thank you for always being there for me. I love you so much and i didn't know it was possible but over the last months i fell in love with you even more, you help me so much, you're my rock." 

"aww Nick i love you so much baby you have no idea, it broke my heart to see you like that and i'm so glad you feel a bit better and i'm here to help you always and forever" 

i wrap my arms around Charlie and we cuddle in bed together. I love this boy so much, he's my everything. We both fall asleep in each others embrace.

Everything works out in the end...

---------

A/N: Sorry if this part feels kinda rushed with all the time skips :( I just wanted to have this as the final chapter but make sure there would be a good and happy ending.

I hope you loved this story as much as i loved writing this <3 Can't believe it's finished! Thank you for all the support on this story and i can't wait to publish the next story i've been working on for some time! <3