chapter 11

~ Nick's POV ~

I'm finally home! I'm so glad to be back home again and this time with answers. I'm still processing everything but i really hope the medications will make me feel better and that i'm able to manage everything. 

Charlie was allowed to stay at mine so i'm in his arms right now and we're cuddling in bed, i'm so exhausted. "Nick can you promise to call or text me whenever you don't feel good? No exceptions?" I can hear the stress in his voice about this and i sit up to look at him. 

"Char i'm okay, can you talk to me about what you're stressed out about?" i ask him because clearly he is stressed and he hasn't been talking to me about how he feels about all of this.

"I'm just scared Nick" he sounds so upset and he avoids eye contact with me. I lift his chin up and turn his face to me so i can look at him and his eyes are filled with tears. I kiss him on his forehead and wipe away the tear that fell. "can you talk me through it?"

"Wh-what if something happens to you and there's no one there to help you? In the hospital there was just an alarm going off anytime your heartrate got too high or something else was wrong but now you're at home there won't be and i'm honestly really scared to leave you alone Nick" he rambles out while more tears are falling. 

"Come here sweetheart" he lets his head fall in my chest and i wrap his arms around him rubbing his back to comfort him. I feel so bad that everyone is so stressed out about me, including myself. I hate it so much and i really hope we can trust on the medications and that they're doing their job.

"I'm not going to lie to you, i find it scary myself too. But we also need to try and get back to normal life as much as that's possible, the medications should do their job and make me feel better and we need to try and trust on that." 

"Yeah i know, but i don't know i think i just need some time to actually see that you're okay before i can believe that you are" "and that's totally okay Char, there's no pressure or anything, take as much time as you need and i'm here to help you. And yes i'll try to call or text you when i don't feel well okay?" Charlie nods and instantly relaxes in my arms.

Some cuddling later Charlie fell asleep, i tuck him into bed and spoon him while i slowly fall asleep myself. 

---------

It's the next morning and i wake up to Charlie staring at me with a smile. "uhm hi" i giggle "hi beautiful" he says and i wrap him in my arms and lay him on top of me facing me and i start kissing him all over. "Did i just caught you staring at me?" i say playfully and Charlie looks away laughing "i can't help it you're just so cute Nick" he whines and he kisses me again.

We kiss for a while and then i can feel my heartrate shot up. I back away a little not wanting to stress out Charlie too much. "It's time for my medication Char lets get up" i say sitting up and taking a deep breath. "Are you okay Nick?" "yeah j-just high h-heart-rate" 

Charlie sits up next to me right away "Nick stay here i'll go grab your medications and some water" i nod my head and i take a few deep breaths but it doesn't work. My chest tightens and i grab it in pain and then Charlie walks back in. He sees me with tears in my eyes grabbing my chest and he immediately knows what's up, ofcourse.

"Here Nick take these" he hands me all my different pills and i take them one by one. I hate that my life turned out like this, needing to take pills two times a day to keep my heart working how it's supposed to be working.

---------

An hour passed and we just layed on the bed the whole hour, just cuddled up together and Charlie asking me if i was okay basically every 5 minutes. I feel a lot better now, i think the medications did what they needed to do and i'm really glad.

Charlie and i decide to get up and get ready for the day, i'm so hungry and i'm glad to eat breakfast at home since a long time.

I'm making some eggs with toast for Charlie and i'm cutting up some fruit. It's a breakfast that i know Charlie will eat and i want eggs so great choice. While making it i start to feel a little bit dizzy and i don't know if something's going on or if i'm just hungry.

I'm putting the plates with food on the table and decide to make us some tea too, i hope i feel better after eating something. But i guess that wont happen because while i'm making us tea my ears start ringing and before i can do or say anything, everything is black.

~ Charlie's POV ~

Nick is making us breakfast and i love him for that, i'm so happy he's home again. He's a little quiet while cooking which he usually isn't so i hope he's okay, but i don't want to overthink anything so i'll let it go. 

He puts our plates on the table and he's really looking absent and a little weird, he starts making us tea but all of the sudden he collapses on the ground. I couldn't get to him fast enough so he hit his head on a cupboard. 

I lay him down on his side, which i learned from the doctors is good to get him awake and then i just wait it out. I hate that there's nothing else i can do to get him to wake up. 

A few minutes pass and Nick rolls back onto his back, trying to open his eyes. I let out a sigh of relief, he's okay again. This is scary, every time again.

~ Nick's POV ~

I feel myself laying on the ground and i know exactly why. I roll onto my back and i try to open my eyes but it hurts my head. I feel nauseous and so dizzy. The feeling i get every time i wake up from passing out is the absolute worst.

When i manage to open my eyes Charlie is staring at me smiling, what a cutie. "hi my love" "hmm hi" i groan, my head hurts so much. "Are you in pain?" Charlie asks me immediately noticing i'm hurt "my head hurts" "you hit your head on a cupboard, do you want some ice?" i nod and Charlie grabs me ice. 

He helps me sit up against a cupboard for support and he holds the ice against my head. I close my eyes, still feeling horrible and i'm waiting for this feeling to go away. 

---------

A/N: Only two more chapters left! <3 I hope everyone enjoyed this story, thank you for all the love on it. I loved writing this story so much, this is definitely my favorite published story of all! <3