1.

Its the first day of school. Summer is officially over and i have to say goodbye to it. Unfortunately summer is not the only thing that I have to say goodbye to. I had to say goodbye to my old school, not because i graduated, i am still on my second year, but because i was forced basically to attend an all-boys school.

It was decided that, for the first time ever, mixed schools would be created for this year. A handful of girls would attend some of the most famous schools. If this experiment year went well more schools would follow up. And as you might guessed I am one of the lucky girls.

   Honestly, I don't want to go, boys are immature and the act weird around girls. Thank God 11 more girls will be around. I don't know any of them though, hopefully they will be friendly. Not that we really have an option either you are friendly or you have no friends I suppose.

   This new reality has made me lose my mind. I don't even know what to wear and not because I am trying to impress anyone, I just want to wear a nice dress but not too nice and it must not be too short either. I won't feel comfortable with everyone starring. And definitely I don't want to give the wrong impression, especially on the first day.

  So I decided to wear a plain green dress with my black mary janes. I put a hair clip to keep some of my brown hair out of my face. I also wanted to put some eyeliner to compliment my brown eyes but I decided against it.

  I went on foot. I arrived just as the doors had opened. The walk inside the school yard was the worst thing I had to experience. I felt hundreds of eyes looking at me, no not looking analyzing me. Specifically I saw a group of what seemed seniors smirking at me. This very moment made me realize one thing I could not be gentle anymore and I will not accept any bad behavior towards me by any of them older or not.

Suddenly I saw two girls one blonde and one brunette near by. I walked towards them slowly. As I was walking I notice two boys chasing each other and for my bad luck they bumped into me knocking me down. A third guy with glasses,who was following them, came close and offered me his hand to help me stand up.

''How about being a little bit more careful next time?'' He said once he had pulled me upI was shocked, is he dumb? I was about to thank him before but there is no way I'm thanking him now.
We were standing close inches apart. He smirked while staring down at me.

''How about being a little bit nicer next time?''I said in a harsh tone and walk towards the girls again leaving the tall boy behind me.

''Are you okay?'' the brunette one asked me she looked concerned. I nodded yes still eyeing the guy with the glasses.

''What did he say to you?'' the blonde girl asked me

''To be more careful'' I scoffed

''What an idiot, don't pay attention to him. Let's hope that he won't be in our class'' the blonde said. Her eyes were following the boy with the glasses who was now sitting on a bench smoking a cigarette. His friends were sitting beside him, all of them were eyeing on the girls.

We walked towards announcement board to see in which class we belong to. Thank God we were all in the same class.

''Oh, no...''

We heard a voice behind us and we turn around to meet a brunette boy who seemed rather sad.

''My homeroom teacher is Barbe-Bleue. She's a bit strict'' The boy awkwardly said and walked away.

A moment later the school yard filled with whistles. A beautiful blonde girl had just walked through the gate. She was wearing a navy dress and a white hair band. All the boys were stunned.

"She looks like a movie star" the brunette said looking at the girl with wide eyes. We didn't get to say anything back because it was time of the welcoming speech.The principal would welcome the students.

''We never got introduced. I'm Simone and this is Michelle'' the brunette whispered. We were all gathered in front of the principal.

''I'm Odette''

''Beautiful'' I heard a tall boy whispering behind, I fought the urge to turn around and look at him.

When the speech was over, we walked towards our class all the boys were already inside. Michelle and Simone walked in first and sat together. I walked in right after them I was looking around trying to find a desk close to them, there wasn't any.

''Oh, look who it is'' I heard a voice coming from the back of the class.

I looked towards it's source only to find the boy who offered me his hand at the yard earlier. He had a huge smirk on his face. I kept a blank expression on my face and sat on the front desk ignoring him.

A few moments later the blonde girl walked in and sat next to me, her name is Annick and well she's not the friendliest person alive.

While the professor was speaking I understood one thing, the teachers didn't want us here. They were ignoring us on purpose, Annick has raised her hand a couple times and not one she was picked by the professor.

''Give that to me'' suddenly the professor said an looked at a boy towards the back of the class. I think his name is Alain or something. He handed her a sketch and she opened it. "Go to the principal's office messie Laubrac''

"I didn't do it" the defended himself

''It's true. It wasn't his miss'' Michelle defended the boy

I'm sure I know who drew the sketch...

''You too miss Magnan, go to the principal's office with Mr Laubrac''

Both students quickly walked out of the class.

''I should have put you all in detention! Passing notes around the class, what are you ten years old? And of course anyone would expect a behavior like that from a boy. Sketches like that are normal to be made by teenage boys, especially when they are around girls...But for a girl to talk back like that...''

''So we must not tell our opinion because we are girls?'' I spoke loudly.

''If you don't want to follow your fellow rebel shut your mouth miss  Marin''.

I had no option but to stay silent I didn't want to cause any trouble especially on the first day.