23.

It's been a month since I last saw Descamps we kept contact though through letters.

October 1st 1964
Dear Odette,
    How are things in your new school? Here it's all the same as you left it. The only difference is that you are not here and the other girls but especially you. I miss having someone to argue with.
   I missed you in general actually. I think about you everyday all day. I am counting the days till Christmas
                                                                     Love, Joseph.

October 20th 1964
Dear Joe,
    Things are going great here, I am in the same dorm with Annick which is very convenient. The girls here are very nice and friendly as well. I miss my fights with you too. About a year ago I had thrown a glass full of paint water in your face... great times!
   I'm counting the days until Christmas break as well. I can't wait to see you!
                                                            Love, Odette

November 15th 1964
Dear Odette,
     Please don't you ever call me Joe again it creeps me out. Don't be so proud over the paint water. If I remember correctly you walked out of my home covered in paint no? Or was it a dream of mine.
    I'm glad you're having a great time. Alain keeps asking me about you. He misses you, you should write. Please write him I don't want to talk to him...
                                                         Love Joseph.

December 1st. 1964
Dear Joseph,
      I won't call you Joe again I promise... maybe. I won't have to write to Alain since I will see him very soon. I wanted to tell you about that. My parents will come to Paris over the Christmas break so I won't be able to see you...
     I'm so sorry I didn't knew about it they informed me yesterday. I cried a lot. I missed you terribly Joe.      
                                                                Kisses Odette

December 20th 1964
Dear Odette,
      Don't cry please. It's okay don't fell bad about it. I miss you too so, so much! Have a great Christmas break love.
                                                           Yours, Joseph

January 10th 1965
Happy New Year Joseph!
     I hope you had the best Christmas break. I know I have. My grandma thought that Alain was my husband and she kept on rumbling over the break that we didn't invite her to the wedding and that she didn't expect that kind of behaviour from me and stuff like that.
   You should have seen Alain's face it was hilarious
                                                           Love, Odette.

February 1st 1965
  Happy New Year Odette!
     My Christmas break was pretty boring compared to yours. The only interesting thing that happened was that my mum found your letters and now she thinks that we are going to get married.
    This woman adores you I'm for real. She always tells me how I should keep you close and be careful to not lose you. She's right though you're one of a kind. I can't wait to see you in summer!
                                                             Joseph.

March 1st 1965
      Dear Joseph you are one of a kind. I can't believe that your mother still likes after everything that see has seen.
     Just so you know my mom likes you too. She even think that you are handsome but she doesn't know that we are dating... can't wait for Sumer to come!
                                                               Love, Odette.