Chapter 1 - The Prince's Knight

Birds chirped, bells rang, and more bells rang... and the bells continued to ring. Wait, why were they ringing? A blonde woman sat up in her bed, and frantically jumped out on to the floor. Quickly shoving on her armor and tying up her hair into a tight braided bun, she opened the door. Outside of her room was an empty hall, she heard shouts and crowds outside in Hyrule Castle town.

She thought to herself why she woke up so late, especially on a day as important as this one! Then it hit her, she was with her Gerduo friends -who went up for the ceremony- and those women sure know how to hold their noble pursuits. And unfortunately for the blonde, the pursuits were much stronger than she thought.

She ran through the short hall and out the door, and upon opening it the morning sun shone its rays upon her face, which were awfully bright. Stunned, she rubbed her eyes and looked around. Thankfully the bells ringing were not the ceremony ones, what a relief as she thought it was midday. Alas they simply rang to awake the guards and knights.

"Zelda!" She heard a someone call her name, she jerked her head to face the voice. "Zelda get over here! Hurry!" Once the shouting had finished, she ran to the voice, dodging and bumping into  carts and horses as she crossed the tiny, yet busy, roads of the town. An arm pulled her into a hug, exclaiming once again to her "Sav'otta! Are you excited? Because I certainly am. You know I am so happy for you, sealiously!" Zelda simply bore a blank stare.

"Kelly, what is with you and those seal jokes?" She giggled as she stepped back to look at her friend. "For a second there I thought I already missed the ceremony... oh how embarrassing that would've been..." Her friend smiled back at her, reassuring that she would never let Zelda miss the most important day of her life. After Kelly finished her pep talk, she brought Zelda into the guard's chambers to start the preparations.

The two got ready, with Zelda doing her hair with a classic braid over her head, and her hair down on her back. She forgot about the tunics the royal family had gifted her. Now that she was the appointed knight to the prince, she had to wear it to show loyalty to the throne as well as her duties. After she was situated, she placed the Master Sword on her back, wearing it proudly.

Zelda and Kelly had met on travels in their early years. And since the prophecies and discovery of the Sheikah technology, -divine beasts and guardians- trips to Gerudo town were made more and more often to visit the chief, Urbosa.

"You know, I'm proud of you. After seeing you grow up and become such an impressive knight, it seems only befitting to have you be the appointed knight of the prince." Kelly spoke as the two were walking in Castle's town.

"Thank you, truly, I feel as if this is what my whole life has been leading up to. Especially ever since finding that sacred sword in the forest. And considering my family's legacy, it only feels right to receive this honor... actually that sounds rather self centered."  She laughed away with her friend, breathing to calm down her smiles. "But, you do know what I mean. I am excited, especially to meet the prince. Not many have seen him, and what I hear from the royal guard is that he usually stays in his study."

Kelly ooh'd in excitement, "I haven't even thought about that! He seems so distant and mysterious. I wonder if he's handsome though."

"Kelly!" Zelda gasped and laughed,"Why do you always think of those things with boys? I swear you're so childish!" As she finished, Kelly began to defend herself. After all Kelly has always been the romantic type, but not a stable one. Rather she'd practically have a new crush every week. The two continued talking, Zelda showing her friend neat places in the town. Until the bells rang to tell the champions to gather up. She waved goodbye to the Gerudo, and made her ascent to the castle.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The four champions and the knight gathered. Revali had never liked Zelda, Mipha and Daruk did not know her very well, but were still acquaintances. Her name was called by Urbosa, who was a very close and mother figure woman in her life. The two shared their burdens and worries with each other that they couldn't with others.