Chapter 5: Library

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Link's POV

My first few days of being 16 were way more anticlimactic than I expected. After we got back from Akkala life has been going on as normal, Zelda still follows me around, and I still do my prayers and research. The words father said to me still gets to me sometimes.

'Quit wasting your time on playing a scholar.' I wonder if he thinks that's all I'm doing: just 'playing.' It's as if he thinks I take nothing seriously. Even now as we're eating lunch together he barely cares to talk to me. Not like I have anything good in response but he could try.

I stare at him in hopes that he understands what I'm trying to say.

"So, Link, how has your day been?" He awkwardly asks. He talks! I know he probably doesn't care that much though and he'll probably judge me if I say the wrong thing, so I just smile and nod.

I want to tell him about my studies but he might scold me.

"Have you done your prayers for the day?" I nod to his question while I poke at the food. It's tastes okay but the chef 'charred' the vegetables for too long and not at a high enough heat, the concept is good though. I definitely would've added a Hyrule herb for some more heartiness. "Are you not hungry, Link?" I shrug, I'm not famished and I'll probably end up going to the kitchen later today.

"Link," Father says, grabbing my attention, "I was thinking, maybe you should go to Kakariko village, I know that they have a very good connection with the gods and goddesses there."

"Oh, okay" I respond. Getting out of the village again will definitely be fun to leave castle grounds. I know father is letting me do this because of Zelda but I wish he would have let me have the freedom to go by myself. I understand the yiga have been pretty active recently, focusing their forces in the Gerudo region though. But considering their twisted history with the inverted eye I wouldn't be surprised if there were any spies.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Once lunch is over Zelda comes back to her post with me. "How was lunch, your highness?" She always likes to ask pleasantry questions, while it does make me feel like I have company I'd rather not talk. Sometimes there's just so much going on that it's easier to just nod. But today is a calm day, it's a good day.

We're already walking towards the library so I might as well engage in conversation. "I actually didn't exactly like it," She giggles at my response, "Hey what's so funny?" I smile at her.

"Does your royal majesty not approve of the chef?!" She gasps dramatically, "straight to the guillotine!" She laughs. Honestly how can she just sit there and laugh and look so pretty, it's so effortless for her.

"Shhh!" I try to shush her but end up laughing along, "I could never behead the chef, who would feed the most wonderful knight then?"

Her cheeks are dusted with a rosy color, "I- well you know, Tyson can probably feed himself," She references to the captain.

"No, I was talking about you," I laugh, "You're the pretty one!" I say without double checking my words, "Er- I mean um pretty cool one," I look away flustered making sure she can't see my face. I always have to embarrass myself, don't I?