Chapter 8: Noble Pursuit

Link woke up an hour Zelda came back, he knew she came back as his pain was now completely gone. He had been sitting awake, tumbling and turning around in the bed. He sat there for three hours until a little after midnight when he heard somebody stumbling in around the inn. He sat up and looked around to see Zelda coming in.

Zelda stumbled through the room until she made it to her bed and flopped down. "Link? Why are you awake?" She slightly slurred her words.

"Can't sleep."

Zelda gasped delightfully as she sat up and grabbed his hands, Link's eyes conveyed all the shock he was experiencing and the dim lighting was unable to show his rose tinted cheeks. "Z-Zelda?"

"Come with me, I have an idea!" She said a bit to loud and Links shushed her as to not awake the other people sleeping. She giggled at her mistake but brought him out of bed at the same time. Link looked around wondering where they were going.

She brought him outside the inn and climbed up the wall, "Get up here," She offered a hand down to him and pulled him up.

"Hey!" He was unaware of the waters and wasn't too happy with his pants now being soaked, it was a feeling he was used to though so it didn't bother him. "Where are we going?"

Zelda didn't answer but grabbed his hand again and led him down the watery path up to another short wall. She climbed up the waterfall and pulled him up again. They were now situated on the walls over the barracks.

"I used to train here," She said pointing down towards the dummies and weapons laid out away from them. Her words held a string tying them together, her cheeks were red and her actions were senseless.

"Are you drunk?"

"Whaat? Naur, I only had one or two moble pursuits... maybe some other thingss but it doesn't not matter," She giggled and smiled warmly. They were both sitting down on the stone part of the wall. Maybe it'd be a good time to talk to her if she was truthful now. Zelda enjoyed being with the prince and all she did was stare at the night sky. Thousands of stars were visible and it was truly a sight to behold.

"Zelda... why did you do that today?"

"Huh?" She turned her head to him, "Oh the Yiga?"

"Mhm,"

"Ehh well she wasn't hurt- I mean she's dead now, but it is also my duty to protect you. I would kill for you even-" Her sentence broken apart by a hiccup. She placed a hand on her chest and bowed her head to show loyalty. "Also I didn't tell you yet," She paused and leaned closer to him causing him to rotate his upper body to completely face her. His cheeks were as pink as wildberries now, and could barely comprehend her sudden closeness.

"T-tell me what?"

"I think you're actually pretty cute in this little outfit, heh," She giggled and poked his chest, and placed her hand down on the rock. Both of their legs were facing straight but their torsos were twisted to each other. Link leaned backwards and rested his weight on his hands, while Zelda was leaning towards him with on hand in front of her and the other across his legs. Her right hand reached up to his veil and undid it. "Oh, heh, you'roe blushing right now," She took the veil off and set it down next to them.

"Z-Zelda, I- you're getting awfully c-close," His blush became more apparent the closer she leaned in. She brought a hand up to his hair and untied his ponytail, his blonde hair fell across his back and she brought up a strand over his shoulder. Of course he wasn't uncomfortable, but he was still extremely surprised.

"My apologies, can I not be close?" Zelda had completely forgotten he was the prince, and considering his status she would've never gotten close in this way. Sure she would hug to support him, but that was only once in the spring. Now this was very, very different. Link only felt confused as to what he felt now, it was a small lingering feeling before but now it had felt exaggerated as if a fire had taken place in his heart