Chapter 4: A small trip

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

It's finally my birthday, and the first five ish hours have already been detestable. I finished a book I've been reading for a while, and I thought it would have a good ending it ended up being so bittersweet. I wouldn't have stayed up all night if I knew the ending.
I expect Zelda to knock on my door anytime now, fifteen minutes till we depart for Akkala. I'm awfully tired, and to think there is another fourteen hours until I can sleep again. It'll be in a stable but at least it'll be rest.

Just as Link guessed, he heard a knock on his door and closed his diary then slid it in his bag.

"Are you ready, prince Link?" She said just as Link opened the door, he nodded. As they Link approached her and walked past she noticed that he had a drained look on his face. His eye bags weren't difficult to miss, his hair was barely taken care of, it wasn't in a ponytail, bun, or braid, it simply looked like he brushed it out without a further care.

"Are you tired, your highness?" Zelda asked, "We can leave at 7 if you need more sleep." While that sounded oh, so tempting, Link resisted and nodded while he continued walking.

Once the pair arrived at the castle stable, their horses were already saddled up and ready to go with the bags packed. As soon as Zelda was about to get on she noticed Link quickly hoist himself up, and from the front of his horse. As she had only managed to do that a few times it left her very impressed.

Side by side the two trotted out of the castle gates, Link already having said goodbye to his father was actually quite pleased he could get some time away from the castle. He smiled as they went past some Sheikah technologists testing out the guardian stalker controls. They continued, and soon than the view of the castle was growing smaller and smaller with each step.

As they were continuing on their path, Zelda admired the sandy road that they were taking, it wasn't the optimal path considering the water on both sides would make it difficult to escape and defend Link if needed. Thinking about Link, she hadn't heard him talk in a while. Which was normal considering he was quiet, but every now and then he would at least point out some interesting animal or plant.

She looked over at him to find that he had drifted away to sleep, she chuckles,
How adorable. She smiles. The decision to wake him up was quite difficult, so she would do it in a bit to make a choice for food.

After a little longer Zelda decided to awake the sleeping beauty. "Your highness?" She spoke, and the lightness of her voice spooked him. And it spooked it enough to fall off his horse. "Oh dear!" She yelped, quickly offering her aid.

He was still hazed by the time she was standing over him offering her hand to grab. He first rubbed his eyes, the swung his hand in search for an anchor, he missed but she was able to grab him and pull him up.

Once standing she brushed dust off his shoulders, "Allow me," she invited herself. Link stood there flustered as she pulled out a leaf or two from his hair. "Do you need a hair tie?"

Link nodded, she reached in her back pocket and handed him one. While he was putting up his hair, a war yell was heard by the pointed ears. Zelda immediately pushed back the prince behind her as she saw a platform rising with octorocks and a bokoblin on top shooting a fire arrow directly at the two. Swiftly, with no errors or mistakes Zelda went to the saddle of the horse and used that to jump off of to give her a boost.

In that moment of air time she swung the master sword at an octorock and a beam of light came from it, killing one of the three which destabilized the platform, drowning the bokoblin as it was over a river