Chapter 3 - Plans for Akkala

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The king sat in his study, busying himself while waiting for his son -writing documents, dealing with militarized forces against the calamity, and other important matters. he was beginning to get a bit impatient, and started to wonder where in the world his son could even be.

He had sent the guards to find him -only telling them to look in the prince's study or the castle library, even the Sheikah research grounds- but the king became quiet worried when Link was not in any of those places.

So, he sent more guards to look all over the castle. Finally, twenty minutes later, he was located and brought to the king.

"Link!" Said the king as he turned to face a guard,  "Where was he?" The king asked.

"We found him in the kitchen, your highness."

"Ah, I see." He said looking back to the boy. "Well, Link, you shouldn't be going off into random corridors of the castle!"

Zelda looked down in shame, feeling guilty that he was getting in trouble for doing a favor for her. But after all what was stopping her from telling the truth? Or well, half of the truth.

"If I may, your majesty." Zelda spoke. Rhoam looked at her. "It wasn't the prince's fault. I should have been more observant of the time and where we were going."

The king stared. Zelda's nerves begun to run around, and almost started yo regret her half-confession.

"Hm..." He thought. "Neither of you are in trouble, I was merely concerned for Link's safety." He finished.

Zelda held back a smile and did an inward 'booyah' to celebrate her choice of words.

"Not that I doubted his safety with you." The king continued. "But all that set aside, I have news for you, Link."

Link looked up and hummed in question while tilting his head.

"It is your birthday next week, and I have made preparations for a... trip, per say."

Zelda looked over at the prince who seemed very excited.

"You will be going up to Akkala." The king announced. Link was a bit shocked, confused, and lost some excitement.

He thought to himself about why he would be going there for his birthday. After all Akkala was rather far, but at least his friend Robbie was up there. So perhaps the king was allowing him to go to the Sheikah tech lab. But he had to confirm why he was going there.

"What for, father?" Link asked.

"Your knight will be taking you to the spring of courage."

Link's expression dropped. He looked taken aback trying to hide the grief in his eyes.

"Will I be... um able to- to go anywhere else?" He hesitated to ask.

"I'm afraid not, my son."

"Why?"

The king started to get irritated, "Just listen and go to the spring. You shall spend some time up there praying to the goddess."

"But fath-"

"Enough. Link," The king chuckled in frustration "Your knight will take you there, you two leave next week. On your birthday."

The boy did not even care to look at his father. He just walked away through the castle halls with Zelda following him. Link stormed to his room with his knight standing a couple of paces behind him. He shut his door and decided to go to bed for the evening. He would not even come out for dinner when it was served. But still, until the sun had set Zelda stayed outside his door in case he would leave.

Zelda wondered if the prince had done this often, if he was overreacting or if this was 'normal.' She prayed that he would be able to come out again for some food or if she should just bring him food... Even though that idea was just a quick thought it wasn't starting to sound too bad.

A few minutes later Link heard a knock on the door and refused to open it. There was another knock except this time he heard a voice from the other side, "Your highness, it's me," Link made his way to the door and opened it to see the knight holding a tray of food.

He raised his eyebrow and tilted in head in question, Zelda responded by telling him that she had brought him some fortified pumpkin soup -what was being served for dinner. He took the tray, and shivers were sent down his spine when their hands brushed against one another. A rose tint covered his cheeks making, he quickly shut the door.

"A thank you would've been nice..." Zelda mumbled as she walked away

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The next morning came faster than a cricket can chirp, and by the time they knew it Zelda was already following the prince. Everywhere. While yesterday was fun for him he was already getting tired of having someone be there. Maybe it was because he felt like he was pressured to say something.

"You don't have to say anything, prince" Zelda breaks in as if she could read his mind. Of course it was because he had a look on his face, and Zelda was pretty good at reading faces.

He simply nodded. The prince continued his duties for a while until it was late morning. An hour so it would be lunch. Lunch. That made Link smile.

When it was time for food to be served, the king actually excused Zelda from her duties so she could eat. The lunch was absolutely heavenly, the chef always made a bit extra for his staff, after all they got frequent refills on ingredients and it would be foolish to let them go to waste.

It was only a matter of time until they were excused from lunch and the rest of the day was being finished. Studies, prayers, and the like went on.

The sun gave way and let her sisters take over the night sky. The celestial bodies did a good job ruling the atmosphere, gracing Hyrule with their beauty. It was a full moon, which was lucky for Link as gave the library a brighter glow than usual.

Link smiled as he sat on a table beneath a window, even though the light was dim, a warm candle light contrasted the blue ambience. Zelda was standing a few feet behind him, trying her best not to drift to sleep.

Hylia, the prince stays up so late. She read the clock, it was already an hour before the day ends, and she would usually have been asleep by then. "How late do you usually stay up, prince?"

He turned back to the yawning knight and held up to fingers. He focused back on his studies while Zelda stood there gaping in utter surprise.

"Two?!" Her voice echoed louder than she intended, "Ahem, erm I meant- that's um, very interesting..." She awkwardly smiled.

Link chuckled, he turned back to Zelda and stood up, he walked over to her, kind of close making her slightly uncomfortable, what if someone had walked in?

"Bed?"

"W-what?" Zelda said flustered, No, quit that, Zelda. "I, um I'm quite fine, your highness."

"You sure?" He questioned. "You look tired, you are right?" He tilted his head.
She nodded, and he left with an 'ok' as soon as she said that, leaving his studies spread out on the table.

She followed him until she passed her room longing to rest her eyes and cuddle in her own blankets. But alas, she had to make sure the prince got to his room safely.

Once they arrived, Link walked in, "Good night," she yawned. Link looked up at her for a second.

"Wait," He spoke, Zelda gave a hum of curiosity, "Wait here," Zelda stood in the door way awkwardly while Link went to his desk. Zelda stood awkwardly keeping the door open, Link was still focused on his desk rummaging through the piles of paper. It had already been a minute. "Shut the door, it'll be a minute."

(A/N:) Sorry for the shorter chapter! Midterms and stuff lol