Chapter 5~ Afraid to get married

Next Day

Singhania Family had their breakfast and the males. But there was no sign of Nandini.

"Why nandini had not come till now" meera asked.
"I don't know Maa, she said she was tired yesterday, so she was sleeping" Sitara replied.
"Okay, but now tell her to wake up, it is getting late now" meera said.
"Beena kaki, jaaiye aur rajkumari ko boliye jaldi neeche aayein" Sitara said.
(Beena aunty, go and tell Princess to come downstairs)

"Rhene dijiye beena kaki, aa gaye hain hum" Nandini said while descending the stairs.
(No need beena aunty, I am already here)

"You had any work from me badi maa?" Nandini asked.

"I just want to talk to you about something" meera replied.

Three of them settled on the sofa in the living room.

"Beta I want you to listen to me first" meera said, nandini nodded and saw towards Sitara, she assured her through her eyes.

"In our families, girls are respected a lot. And we all too love you, it is not like I am forcing you. But baccha, you know from past two years, you have got so much proposals, we ourselves denied them, because you were younger.but now I think it is time for us to select a groom for you." Meera said.

Nandini's eyes widened on hearing meera's words.
"Badi maa,please," she was saying something, but cut off of by Sitara.
"Nandini, first listen to her" sitara said.

"Yesterday, I got a good proposal for you, from a respected family. I told your bade papa, he said to first ask from you, same answer was from your brothers. I want that we should at least meet them, If you don't like the guy, you can deny. I won't force you." Meera completed.

"But, badi maa, I don't want to get married now neither I want to meet someone." Nandini said and left the living room, and walked to her room.

As soon as she entered the room,she closed the door and stood leaning on it.

"I don't want to get married. How can I get to know a person, in just a meeting, I can never trust strangers and let them to play with my life." Nandini said.

Old memories rushed to her mind, she closed her eyes frustratingly to control her mind but she couldn't. Her heart started beating fast and her breathing got heavy. She puts her hand on her chest to control herself but she couldn't and a tear slipped from her eye and trailed down to her cheek.

She quickly wiped it. "No, Nandini you can't be weak. I will not let anyone play with my life. You have to be strong Nandini" She said to herself.

She went to the bathroom, there she opened the faucet, she splashed water on her face. And came outside with a towel. She heard a knock on the door.

"Who is there" She asked.

"Rajkumari, badi maa has called you for lunch" a servant said from outside.

"Tell her I don't want to eat" she said.

After sometime, again she heard a knock, she stood from the bed and opened the door and saw a servant with a tray in her hands.

"Rajkumari, badi maa has sent lunch for you" the servant said.

Nandini gestured her to come inside. The servant came inside and put the tray on the table and went away.

Nandini came and sat on the couch. She ate the lunch quietly, and took her book and sat on her bed and started reading it. Unknowingly, she slept.

"I don't know, what to do with her. I am not saying her to marry now, but she is not even ready to meet anyone. She had to understand, that one day she had to get married, she can't be like this forever." meera said in worry.

"Maa,you don't worry. I will talk to her." Sitara said.

At night, everyone was on the dining table. Everyone was having dinner, and talking casually. Nandini didn't say much, she quickly ate her dinner and left from there.

"What happened to her?" Nikhil asked.

"She is just angry, because maa talked to her about the proposal" Sitara said while feeding Ekansh.

"If she is not ready,then we will not meet them" Jaidev declared and meera just sighed looking Sitara.

On the other hand, Abhiraj's whole day went thinking about her only. He even told his PA to give him information about her , but they failed, as she is always kept reserved from the business world and not much information is revealed about her.

He told his PA to give it an another try, and try to retrieve information about her so that he could contact her.

At night, Abhiraj was sitting in his large balcony, staring at the night sky. He remembered her face while blushing.

He quickly took his phone out and saw her pictures and chuckled a bit.
"Baisa, aisa kya jadu kar diya hai aapne hum par, ki jabse aapko dekha hai aapka khyal hi nhi utarta din bhar" he thought.

He kept thinking about her and after some time he finally decided to sleep. He went to his room and laid on his bed and slept.

 He went to his room and laid on his bed and slept