Chapter 14~Haldi

Next Day

"Bhabhi! Everything is ready... even guests are also there." Tishya said

"Thank you somuch tishya.. can you please check on Nandini also if she is done bringing her. Okay?" Sitara said, grinding haldi

Tishya nodded and went to Nandini's room.

"Are you ready?" Tishya said.

"Yes," Nandini said and turned around.

"Oh my God.. you look so beautiful, I am sure if yuvraaj would be here, he must have fainted, " she said

"Just shut up," Nandini said

Both of them proceeded for the haldi ceremony. Songs were being played. Everyone was present there.

Everything was done as per Nandini's choice, though she doesn't tell anything. When Nandini was 15 years old, she unknowingly told how she wanted her wedding to be.
So, everything was done according to that only.

When she entered Tishya, Abhishek came and side hugged her and kissed her forehead.

Then she was seated on a stool. First her aarti was done, then her badi maa came and took haldi paste in her hands and put it on her feet, on knees over her clothes, on elbows, then shoulders and then on her face.

Meera was doing the ritual with her eyes welled with tears.
Nandini breathed deeply, controlling her emotions, and then Meera caressed her hair lightly and blessed her.

Then, one by one, everyone came and did the same. It was Sitara's turn. When she was doing the ritual, a tear fell from Nandini's eye, and sitara wiped it and shook her head.

Now it was tishya's turn. She took haldi and rubbed it all over her cheeks.

In return, Nandini also took haldi and rubbed it on her cheeks. Both of them were laughing and hugged each other.
Both of them tried hard not to cry.

Then Abhishek and Nikhil both together did the ritual, and now Nandini could no more control her emotions, and she hugged her brothers and cried.

After some minutes, Nandini stopped crying and took, and haldi put it on Nikhil's cheeks. Nikhil, in return, took it more and rubbed it on her whole face.

Nandini stood and filled both her hands with haldi and ran behind him. She was chasing him but was able to catch him, but she did not give up. Despite wearing lehenga, she caught him, but Nikhil escaped and ran, but the next moment, Abhishek caught him and held him tightly.

Nandini smiled widely and rubbed haldi on his face. She was laughing about doing it.
Both her brothers were emotional at this moment as they wouldn't hear her laughing after 2 days.

Now the songs started and everyone danced a lot including Nandini. She wanted to capture all these memories and keep them in her heart for her whole life.

After a lot of dancing and photo sessions, Nandini was again told to sit on the stool, and all the men were told to leave the place. Then Sitara and Meera started rubbing haldi on her arms and back and even on her waist and stomach, whichever part was visible.

"Badi maa, is it necessary?" Nandini asked.

"Yes," meera replied, and they continued their work.

Then Sitara lifted her lehenga a bit when nandini pulled it down.

"Bhabhi, what are you doing?" Nandini asked

"Are.. pairon par bhi to lagegi na haldi, " sitara said.

"But.. yahan?" Nandini asked.

"Are.. I will apply till knees only, don't worry.. that's why we told men to leave, " sitara said and continued her work.

After rubbing haldi, a large pot of milk was poured on her. Nandini parted her lips when the cold milk was poured on her.

Then 2 pots of water were poured on her, and she was wrapped in towel and was told to go to her room.

Tishya and Sitara took her to her room.

Nandini quickly took a warm bath and came out wearing a light blue kurti.

She had lunch in her room only with tishya.

.........

"Bhai! Badi maa is calling you, " aarav said.

"Yes, I am coming," abhiraj said.

Both the brothers made their way for the haldi ceremony.

Abhiraj was seated on a stool, and one by one, everyone applied little haldi on him as he strictly denied it.

Revati came from behind and put rubbed haldi on Abhiraj's face.

"Revati, I will leave, not you today," he said and stood up to catch her.

Revati hid behind her father.

"Aye.. don't even try to harm my daughter, " shivay said.

Abhiraj shook his head in disbelief.

He sat on the couch with his best friends, Lakshay and Hardik.

Everyone danced and even tried to convince Abhiraj to dance, but he denied

.........

At night, Nandini was standing on her balcony. When the door of her room opened and she saw Nikhil.

Nikhil came towards her and stood beside her.

"Why are you not sleeping?" he asked.

"I am not sleepy," she said

"Bhai.. if maa and papa would be there today, then it would be more fun, na?" She said, looking at the moon.

Nikhil nodded.

"I know you miss them a lot, even I miss them," he said, and the next moment, Nandini hugged nikhil tightly and started crying.

"Bhai,why did they leave us?" she said while sobbing.

"Don't cry.. see, they will not feel happy if they see you crying because of them, " he said, caressing her hair.

Nandini stepped back and wiped her tears.

"I know, I can never fulfill their place, but I am always there for you. I will always stand beside you. Why did you grow up so quickly.
It was yesterday only, when we both went to school together and did a lot of fun with friends. Yaar tu kyu badi ho gayi." He said, and a tear slipped from his eye.

........
Aapki pyaari Author