Chapter 29

MYA

I'm a girl with basic needs.

I really am.

And when someone offers you an entire day to take aesthetic photos in aesthetic places, my girly heart does a jump and I'm in heaven.

Hence why I'm currently taking a photoshoot with my coffee as if it were the new Kardashian. Lukas and Maddie are long gone on the road to their date, so I entered the coffee shop to chill. I have good few hours to complete my fake Insta story mission. I can take five minutes to feel cool sipping the overpriced coffee my ex-fake boyfriend got me.

As I said. Basic needs.

I'm posting my masterpieces, not forgetting to tag Maddie on each of them. I only look up as a sort of darkness appears in the room, and my blood rate grows at alarming levels. As I look up from my phone, dark eyes meet mine and my first instinct only screams one word. Run.

"Hello, sweetheart", he growls. Never had a fucking clue what that means, but it seems to match this moment.

Without asking me first, he takes an empty chair from a nearby table and takes a sit at my table.

Dude, what the heck?!

"What are you doing here, Delance?", I ask him, my tone going about five octaves lower. He just ruined my delulu moment.

"What a lovely coincidence", he says. He helps himself to my coffee, without asking me first. "Tastes good", he comments after swallowing, making sure his Adam's apple does the work. "But you taste better."

Oh. My. God.

"Okay, that's it. We're done here", I cut him short.

I pick up my coffee and make sure to wipe it very much so that every little of his dark mouth bacteria that might provoke mental health issues doesn't reach my lips.

He smirks as he looks at what I'm doing.

"I think you missed a spot", he whispers.

I look up at him. He cups my face with his hand and brushes his thumb on my lips. I quickly pull away, cause his touch sends shivers in my body for a reason and I am very uncomfortable with that thought.

"I'm gonna go now. Bye", I tell him, standing up, taking my coffee and wanting to run away. But I don't, for I can't give him the satisfaction he won.

He follows me.

Of course, he does.

"Seriously, what's your problem?!", I shout as I'm outside and he's still in my shadow. "Are you going to stalk me now or what?"

"I'm only looking at what's mine", he answers, clearly unbothered.

Fuck this shit.

I turn around, and press my fist on his chest. "Stop following me. Stop thinking I'm yours. I am not and never will be."

He presses his lips on my neck, breaking every rule there is. I know something electric passes my body, heading straight to my core. Why is my body reacting the opposite way of what I want? "You feel it too, don't you?", he whispers, his lips still on my skin. I take a step back, freeing myself.

Run

"I could wreck your whole world", he continues, his eyes staring in mine. "Give me five minutes and you'll be screaming my name."

"I hate you", I whisper.

"We'll get there, sweetheart", he replies with a smirk.

Silence.