Chapter 50

MADDIE

"You're gorgeous", Lukas tells me as he picks me up in front of the dorm I am staying in. I come closer for a welcome kiss, then we start walking down the pathway, his arm around my shoulder, our fingers intertwined.

I don't know exactly where we are going, but we are able to go out somewhere together, so that's all that matters for me.

I had a small crisis that I only packed college outfits, but I managed to find a dress I somehow thought to take with me, so now I'm in a glittery green dress and some heels. I'm proud of my makeup though. Not too much, only a bit of highlights.

Lukas is in one of his signature sweaters, beige pants and sneakers. He notices I'm freezing so he offers me his jacket, placing it on my shoulders. I thank him with a kiss.

We arrive at a crowded Italian place, apparently filled with students. "Someone told me this is where everybody comes", Lukas explains as we enter inside. There is so many people, even if we were recognized, nobody will care. "I thought that if we were to experience Yale, we might as well get the full experience."

I nod happily, taking a sit at a chair at one of the high tables for two. He takes a sit in front of me, and as soon as a waiter comes, we order. We get a pizza to share, and some mozzarella sticks as snacks. Lukas goes for a beer, I get a Coke. As we wait for our order, he comes closer to me, telling me: "I love you, Daisy."

"I love you too", I answer chuckling. He comes so close and as he touches my lips, I wrap my hands around his neck, making him almost completely bend over the table. He doesn't seem to mind, only keeps kissing me.

"I was wondering", I begin as we let go, for our mozzarella sticks and drinks came, and we were both starving. "Have you...would you even consider...next September..."

I can't find my words. Luckily, he does. "To move in together?"

I freeze, as he speaks it out. And start nodding.

A smile tugs on his lips. "I was going to ask you. I was just nervous...", he confesses.

"Nervous of what?"

"Nervous you'd say no."

"Yes", I almost shout, making it seem like a proposal. "Yes, a thousand times yes. I'd love to move in with you."

His smile is so bright now, it makes my heart beat faster. He is bending over the table again as he kisses me, and he doesn't seem to want to stop.

I don't either.

~

"You're so crazy", I tell him as he makes sure no one is on the corridor so we can sneak in. He's holding me in his arms, as my feet passed out from all the dancing and walking. He rushes over to his room opening it, again, making sure no one sees us sneak in. As the room is closed, he luckily got a room all to himself, he locks the door and leads me to the bedroom, gently placing me on his bed.

"I'll search for something for you to sleep in", he tells me, going to his suitcase. I take my time removing the dress and heels, remaining only in my underwear. As he turns around, he drops the T-Shirt from his hands.

"Fuck, Daisy", he tells me, walking up to me, where he kneels next to the bed, staring straight into my eyes. "You're perfect."

A shiver goes through my body at his words.

I gently lie on the bed and he climbs onto it, onto me, kissing every spot he can of my body. I fidget with my fingers at his sweater, wanting it off. He gets the hint and removes it from his body. It's then he turns us around, so he's on the bottom and I'm on the top.

"Do you still want that T-Shirt?", he teases between kisses.

I smirk. "I doubt much sleeping will be involved."

"Be gentle with me, babe", he whispers in my ear. "You know how fragile I am when it comes to you."

Yet the way he rips off my underwear with one try has me questioning just how fragile he is.

He kisses me, slowly sucking my soul and giving me life at the same time. I have to hold the sheets as he decides to apply the same treatment to my lower area, his voice and the pleasure the only reminders of this world between the stars I'm seeing.

"I love you", he breathes.

You have no idea.

~

On Valentine's Day, I wake up in my love's arms.

Lukas is still sleeping, his chest rising and falling evenly. I take my time just to watch him breathe. To admire the wonder the universe sent my way. The one who found me broken, yet somehow found a way to heal those pieces, making my heart beat again. The one who makes me the happiest.

My Lukas.

"Lukas", I whisper, kissing his neck once. "Are you up?"

A soft groan and I have to chuckle. He's still sleeping.

"I love you, baby", I whisper. "I know you're not hearing this, but I might as well be the luckiest girl on this planet calling you my Valentine. Sometimes I'd just wake up and can't believe I can call you mine. I fell in love with the guy who promises smiles but offers you wonderland. I love you, Lukas."

I cuddle closer to him, sinking my face in his chest. It's then I feel it. A kiss on the top of my head. Then a whispered: "I love you, Maddie."

He wasn't sleeping.

I look up, to see his face. His eyes are opened, already staring at me.

"My girl", he adds, now kissing my lips.

I chuckle, wrapping my arms around his chest. He pulls me even closer.

Name a better way to start the day.