Chapter 48

MADDIE

"I love you", Mya says as we're making our way inside the airport. She's heading for Massachusetts, I'm going to Connecticut. "Text me. And call me. And send me pictures. I know Yale and Harvard might not be besties, but I don't care. I want to know every single little detail."

I stare at her with a smile. In her Harvard hoodie, jeans and sneakers, she's almost soaring from happiness. Although, her eyes still have a faded red. Her and Ashton have been having issues lately. They barely talked ever since that day of the Harvard interview. Honestly, I don't think they talked at all.

"You too. I need to know everything", I say,

We share a tight hug and part our ways to our different gates. I am running late thanks to me getting lost once, and made it just in time before the gate closes. I sigh as I step inside the plane and try to find the others who have been selected to go to Yale for interviews. We have to be five in total. We'll be spending one week on campus, in which we'll attend classes to get an idea of what might come upon us if we get chosen to attend, we'll be able to talk to students, we'll face interviews...All that for five days. In the sixth day is the ceremony telling who got in. And the seventh one we get money from Venier to spend the day however we'd like. I should have checked who was selected alongside me, but between packing my bags, trying to stay out of Father's way and trying to calm Mya from everything that happened during a five hours phone call, I did not have the time.

I do find the teacher who got assigned to come with us though, who happens to be my geography teacher, Mr. Reed. "Maddie", he begins. He graduated at Yale one year ago, so that's why he might have been selected. "We've been wondering where you are. There's a free seat in row 12 for you. Everything here was full, so we had to send two of you to another row. I am very sorry."

"No problem", I answer, dragging my bag with me along the aisle.

That's what you get for being late, Maddie.

I freeze as I arrive at row 12. And as I see my seat mate.

"Lukas?", I ask surprised. My heart starts drumming in my chest, the by now familiar butterflies taking over.

A smile blooms on his lips. "Maddie", he breathes. I lose it and leave the bag there, coming to hug him. Everyone we know is up front, so we must be safe here. He sinks his lips in my hair, pulling me closer.

"You were selected for Yale?", I ask him surprised.

He smiles. "Amongst others. I chose this one because someone told me this one was the one you were picking."

"Mya", I let out.

He nods. "But Lukas, are you sure?", I can't help but ask. "What if this isn't your dream college?"

"I want you in my life, Daisy", he tells me. "That's the one dream I most desire."

I chuckle, kissing his lips, being thankful for him, for meeting him, for falling for him...for him making me happy.

He stands up to help me with the bags, then we both sit next to each other. I rest my head on his shoulder as he tilts his head on mine, kissing the top of my head. I notice he downloaded all episodes of TVD for me.

The future has never been more exciting.

~

I'm inside the lecture room, getting my iPad ready. I went full in for this week. iPad with pink case, Stanley cup, a notebook and some pens in pastel colors... Even my outfit is Pinterest inspired. A white sweatshirt, black pants, UGG, a ribbon holding my hair in a braid. I love my look.

I decided, if I'm gonna do a Law major, then I might at least look like Elle Woods doing it.

Someone tips me on the shoulder, and I instinctively have to look. I smile as I see Lukas, Polo Ralph Lauren sweater and beige pants on, looking at me like he just saw his world. I meanwhile know he also chose a Law major, meaning we're in the same class. Meaning that if we both get selected, we'll be in the same college in the same major.

I might fangirl again.

"Is this sit free?", he asks me.

I nod, obviously. That chair next to me was meant for him. I'd be lying if I'd say I didn't keep an eye on the chair, just to make sure nobody sits there and Lukas has space.

He sits down and takes out his iPad, preparing himself for class. He looks so academia doing it, I can't help but take a quick picture. He chuckles and brushes my hand before no one notices. The other three students selected are also here, sitting pretty close to us, so is our teacher, so there is no romance allowed now.

The lecture begins and I immediately fall in love. This is what I want to do. The way the lecture goes, the way everybody tries to participate and actually seems interested in the topic. I can't help it. I love it.

Lukas next to me also seems pleased. After some time, I receive a notification of my tablet that someone wants to share a note with me. I accept it and find an invitation. To go out.

"Dear Daisy, would you make me the happiest guy on the planet and go out with me tonight? Love, Lukas"

A smile blooms on my lips as I turn my head to him and nod.

Gosh, how can one be so happy.