Chapter One

Chapter 1

“Stupid piece of SHIT!!!” I yelled at my computer, throwing my papers around in frustration. I needed to get a new one. I needed to get a new one BADLY. This thing was absolutely USELESS! The keys are falling out and it keeps crashing on me. I can’t do my school work properly, which is a problem. It’s a SERIOUS problem because I go to school online.

The kids at my old school bullied me too much, so now I stay at home and do classes online. It sort of sucks, because I don’t meet new people or make new friends… But considering how they treated me when I was at school, I’d say that this is a benefit and not a bad thing.

I’m not a mean person, I couldn’t be. People are just too superficial these days. They don’t care about what a person is really like – they only care about the benefits that they get from being friends with them. Like if someone has money, everyone will want to be friends with them. If someone is ugly – people will want to be friends with them so that they look like nice people, or so that the ugly person can make them look prettier.

It wasn’t fair, but since when is life ever fair?

I sighed, before collecting all of my papers and arranging them in an orderly manner. I’ll ask dad to buy me a new computer. I’m sure I can convince him somehow. But deep down I knew that I wouldn’t have to convince him. He would end up yelling at me, or throwing something at me and making me cry – then he would buy me the new computer so that I wouldn’t tell mum what he had done.

My parents were divorced now, my dad is an asshole most of the time and my mum finally left him. They live in separate houses so I move between the two of them. Before it happened I would have been ecstatic to know that she was going to leave him, but now I’m not so sure.

She has a boyfriend, and he has a son. Let’s just call him dickface for now. He’s an absolute pain in the ass, and I end up babysitting whenever her boyfriend Steve is around. Whenever I try to tell her, or Steve the kind of things he does (Like watching porn on my itouch… horrible, disgusting kinds of porn.) He says that he’ll talk to him later, and maybe he does and maybe he doesn’t… But things never change.

Mum doesn’t see things from my point of view anymore. Only from hers. I get that she likes Steve, and I’m happy with that. Honest. I just wish that she could see how much I hate feeling like I’m not here anymore. Dickface isn’t my son, I shouldn’t be looking after him all of the time. I shouldn’t have to give up my hobbies, or my schoolwork for that… THING!

I shook my head, quickly clearing my thoughts as I turned the computer back on. “Stupid piece of shit.” I muttered under my breath again. I was at mum’s house at the moment, but Steve and his demon child weren’t here. I started up skype, and felt myself relaxing as I signed in.

I figured that schoolwork could wait for a while, I needed some chill time. I couldn’t make friends in Pennsylvania, so I decided that I would just make friends elsewhere. I had a bunch of friends in Australia, real friends. They knew my secrets and I knew theirs. It didn’t matter that they were thousands of miles away from me, because I had someone to talk too.

In the end, that’s what everyone wants. To be accepted, and loved. It used to be that I was ignored all the time, when my mum and dad were back together and they were fighting all of the time. My mum was always working to get away from the house, and the only time dad ever spoke at me was when he was yelling at me, telling me how useless I am.

When no-one acknowledges you, it feels like you don’t really exist. It hadn’t always been like this you know. My family was once whole, stereotypically good. Dad took me out for ice-cream and my mum brushed my hair each day. Then I phased into a mermaid and no-one knew what to do. My dad slowly started to go insane, and take it out on me and then my mum.