Epilouge

Epilouge ~Dedicated to AlphaZoe, who showed me that someone actually likes this story ~

~*~*~* Eirian’s POV ~*~*~*

Its been three years since I got fed up of things on land, and decided to live in the sea. I had thought that there was nobody down here, and that I would have been alone forever. It wasn’t like I had wanted to spend the rest of my life around people who don’t understand things from my point of view – both as a mer and as a person deserving freedom.

Although I did miss Argyros, Nyx and the others… Things were really good down here. “Mama!” A little voice from the right screeched out to me, another voice mimicking the noise from my left. I braced myself, and for a good reason too. Two little flashes of blue smashed into me, knocking me into the wall behind me. “oof… Babies, you know better than to tackle mummy like that. It’s not nice to hurt people.” I scolded gently, easily prying each of them off of me and setting them on the floor of our house.

That’s right, house. There’s a city of mer-folk down here… Actually, there’s a few but that’s not the point. I lived in the one called ‘Atlantis’. Kind of cliché, I know. But it’s the real Atlantis. One upon a time mer-folk had been at peace with humans and supernatural type-alike. It’s how some mers still live on the surface, without any knowledge of what’s beneath the waters… like me, sort of.

“Where’s daddy gone?” I smiled down at the little girl who smiled back up at me. She looked a lot like I do, or at least that’s what everyone seems to tell me here. Her name is Nyx, I named her after the one who had tried to save me from everything. Her brother, the one that looks exactly like my wonderful husband, is called Argyros. Nathan, whom I’m now married too, understood what it would mean to me if I got to name the little ones, and so he let me.

“hmph.” Nyx said to me, stuffing her fist into her mouth. She was only one and a half, after all. She swum off, followed by her brother who was already really protective over her. I laughed as I watched them go, knowing that Nathan was probably going to be attacked in just the same manner that I had been.

Our story was a kind of romantic one, kind of. But not really, because it involved a lot of screaming and fighting in the beginning. I wasn’t really ready for a new relationship, at least that’s what I had thought… It turns out that it was exactly what I needed to get my faith in the world back – to learn that not everyone was the way that Marcus and Jax had been. There was still a Christian for me, and Nathan was him… Only this time I got to keep him for real.

I had been lying on the sea floor for about three days, starting to get really hungry and dehydrated… Actually, I was probably more dying from starvation at that point. Nathan’s dad had seen me while he was out searching for things in the shipwrecks near-by. It had been a pretty interesting place for me to decide to die, morose too. I did at least have things to look at while I thought of my passing.

But his father wouldn’t let me do that. He had lifted me off of the sea floor, and tied me to his back to take me back to Atlantis. It had been pretty uncomfortable travelling like that, his tail was really powerful and it had been smacking against mine for the entire trip… Although I wasn’t conscious for most of it. They had basically taken me under their wing, as an adopted daughter when I had met Nathan.

For him, it had been love at first sight. I had just wanted to be left alone though. A year after we had first met though, we had gotten married and now I had my own little school of fish to look after. The only thing that would have made it better would be getting to see my friends again. But I didn’t want to go to the surface if it meant I had to leave me family behind for even a short while.

Childish screams interrupted my thoughts, and I pushed myself off of the floor that I had sunk too. ‘Nathan is probably tickling them again…’ But I couldn’t help it, I was really protective of my children. I had vowed to never become what mine had been, and to never let them grow into Jax or Marcus.