Chapter Five

Chapter Five

~*~*~*~* Paige’s POV ~*~*~*~*

Over the next few weeks, my friends started to send me links to articles on the internet, and one by one they made new skype accounts. They slowly change their appearances and became new people, just in town to visit others – instead of who they were to begin with. Each had their own separate story as to why the person they were before had just… disappeared.

Jazz and Matt had a car crash – a hit and run. It was in the local newspaper that the young couple that had recently moved in together had died after a terrible accident. They really played it out too, bloody media. The newspaper had gone on and on about how they were just starting their future together, but it had all been ruined by a drunk driver who had been on the wrong side of the road. Of course everyone believed it – who didn’t believe the newspapers now? But then again, they had made it really realistic. Dead bodies morphed to look exactly like the two of them, and a large amount of blood pooled across the road… Add in a lot of tyre tracks and you’ve got the crime scene.

Of course they neglected to add in that the young couple had appeared to be running away from town. It looked like something out of a gang movie – the way that Matt had described me that they had panned it out. They sold their house and their new furniture, and then shipped off the rest using a shipping company that would keep quiet about who owned it – supernaturals ran it of course. Jazz and Matt were the first to disappear – they would help the rest of us.

Adam disowned his family after they had a huge fight with him, and disappeared with nothing but the money taken out of his bank account and a suitcase full of clothing. They never heard from him again. Jazz and Matt changed his eye colour to green, and his hair to black.

Ben was murdered by the crazy cat lady next door. Apparently he had gone into her house to help her get one of her ‘babies’ down from the ceiling and she had hit him with a frying pan and then stuffed cookies into his mouth. That one was the most believable out of all the stories – we’d heard a lot about his crazy neighbour. Jazz and Matt didn’t even have to do anything to her, they put the cadaver in her house and she doted on the rotting corpse as though it was her long lost son. Ew. Ben was also given green eyes and black hair, so they could very easily pass as brothers. Ben could just be the brother that has a late phasing stage, or something. I do remember him trying to convince us that he was a werewolf once….

Anyway, Abeni was seen jumping off of bridge, and Aiden jumped off soon after her. Another one that the news completely went and played out to the public in the most horrific way. They seemed to like those things – lovers following each other into the hands of death. Morbid. Aiden was changed to look like us – silver hair, one dark blue eye the colour of the deep ocean, and one eye that was a peculiar shade of purple. Jazz had already formed to looked like him… and I would be the last one to join the team. Abeni was given long curly hair that reached her waist – all of the girls had long hair, it would also make the orphanage story more plausible.

Matt and Mikey had short crew cuts – dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Kind of boring, but both of them fully exploited the no-nonsense look it gave them. Everyone was set to go, except me. It was exciting, but I was scared for the future, everyone else was ready to go and I’m here sitting on my bed… Even though all of this started for me.

I blinked suddenly, bringing myself out of the in-depth day dream I had. Planning everything out was important, but I keep thinking of things in past tense. Urgh, bad habits. I’m not out of this hell hole just yet. I shook my head and bashed my fists against my bed spread. Tonight dickface would be coming over again – and I was set to leave in three weeks when everything was perfectly organised.