Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

~*~*~* Nyx' POV ~*~*~*

They let us become part of the residents in the town, and it turns out that this was a smaller section of a much larger pack. It was good, if Jax tried to retalliate to us leaving - there would be back up, so nothing bad would happen to our little family. Ezra and I had moved into a small house just down the road from the local highschool - so that Eirian would be able to walk there. It would be easier then her driving down one of our huge utes... We didn't have any other cars.

Argyros and Belle moved into a house three doors down from us... Haha, three doors down. I laughed mentally to myself when I got the joke. We were still moving our things into the house - not that we exactly had a whole lot to move. Although, luckily for us Jax hadn't got out furniture for the house that he had apparently got for us back in the last town.

I had called up and asked them to send it to us - I said that there was an old family friend trying to steal our furniture, and his name was Jax. If he said to move the furniture to another area they would have to ignore his request and refuse to tell him of our current residence. Of course, Jax wouldn't have been able to get the furniture anyway - it was still in the name of Memphis and I.

It wasn't that we had expected one of the members of our old... deceased family... to do that to us, but more so that when they grewup and started to split up again - they wouldn't be able to take our furniture with them. We've had it for centuries... Well, I guess now I can only say that I've had it for centuries. I glanced down, pulling the vial of his ashes out form underneath my cream white shirt and holding it in my fist.

"I really wish you hadn't left me, you know. I have Ezra now and you probably knew that this would happen - you knew that the link would chose the closest demonic source near me and attach itself to them. But I still wish that you hadn't left me." I whispered, gently lifting the vial to my lips before turning to walk out of the door. I was bringing the camping gear into the house - we needed somewhere to sleep after all.

The town mayor had been nice enough to provide us with fridges, and other kitchen things. Everything else we would have to provied for ourselves - not that it mattered. Memphis and I had enough furniture for the house that I had now... Well, I had enough furniture for this house, with Ezra and Eirian and I. ARgyros and Belle would be on their own - but I don't think they minded too much.

The family account was still open to them, and they would be helping the local businesses by buying furniture locally. Ezra was out with them, helping. Eirian was here with me, bringing in things from the Utes. We had two of them, while Argyros and Belle had the other one. After all - Belle still couldn't drive just yet.

I went outside to find Eirian rummaging through the glove box of the car. "What's up?" I asked, heading over to her. "Oh," She leant back and smiled at me. "I put my necklace in here a while ago, and I'm just trying to find - Ah." She pulled out a small box, covered in blue velvet. "My mother gave it to me before she went all weird." She smiled, and took out a silver necklace, the pendant was a mermaid wrapped around a small blue and glowing stone.

"It always used to make me feel better, but I was never sure why." She turned to face me, quickly clasping it around her neck. "It's probably because that stone is an energy stone. I have one too - only mine is larger." I pulled out the pendant around my neck - it shone brightly now because of the energy that Memphis had given to me when he had sacrificed himself. "It's also probably why you were feeling so tired when we were with Jax. Why did you take it off for so long? That was very reckless of you." I frowned at her, placing my hands on my hips like the mother that I now was.

"Well, it was silver and I didn't want to hurt Jax..." She trailed off and I sighed, nodding my head as I understood. "Well, I suppose it's a good thing you're not with him anymore then. You're only part siren... But that energy is still important for you. My stone is bigger, because I can't survive without the energy. It's just a way to store it, so that I always have a supply. I'll tell you how to collect more if you like - that stone is running a bit low now." I told her, gently wrapping my arms around her as she gave me a confused look.