Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

~*~*~*~* Eirian’s POV ~*~*~*~*

Jax was trying to get funeral arrangements done for Landon, and Memphis. None of us wanted anything to do with it – I think it was how Nyx and Argyros dealt with things, and now it was the way we all did. We would go, of course. That was if Jax would be able to arrange anything.

Alpha man said that it was just too dangerous to do anything. He was sitting in his comfy office, while Landon’s body rotted in the high school cafeteria. We were furious in grief. We understood that there was a safety need for the pack – but the zombies had been moved, and there was no issue with the funeral.

Alpha man just didn’t like us. Asshole. And Nyx wouldn’t talk to anyone – not even us. She left her mind open to us with her emotions though, so we could communicate with her – just in a less evolved manner.

We sat in our bedroom, legs under the covers of the bed in awkward silence. Let’s watch a movie. Argyros suggested, and I nodded in agreement. We both glanced towards Nyx – who was sitting in the middle. I’ll go and get Ezra while you two figure out something to watch, kay? Argyros climbed out of the bed, and excited the room – softly shutting the door behind himself.

Ezra was the only person that she would let touch her – besides us. Not even Jax could get near her, or get a word out of her. Then again, Argy and I were the same. Only our mates could touch us… It just didn’t feel right, letting anyone else in after we had just lost so much.

Come on, let’s watch that pokemon movie with celebi? I asked her, reaching out in my mind for her reply. I got a flash of interest before she went back to feeling guilty, angry and sad. She, of course, blamed herself for Memphis’ death.

If I hadn’t convinced him to come here, or put us all into high school none of this would have happened. Now he’s gone and I’m all alone again. She had told us miserably. It was the last time she spoke to us too. I think it might be a trauma thing – at least everyone hopes so. Sure we all sound the same, but it’s just not nice when she won’t speak.

I climbed out of bed, grabbing a laptop and shoving in the disk of the movie we were going to watch before clambering back in again. Soon Argyros came back, with Ezra in tow. I pushed the laptop to the base of the bed, as the others somehow squeezed themselves on.

Ezra had his arms wrapped around Nyx – and had pulled her onto his lap. More space. I sat on the left of her, and Argy sat on the right. Both of us wrapped our arms around her – so that we made a huge human ball of cuddly love.

“What are we watching?” Ezra asked, his deep voice echoing through the quiet room. “The pokemon movie with Celebi.” Argyros told him, Nyx and I staying silent, not even glancing over at him. “Oh.” He nodded, resting his head into the top of Nyx’ hair.

We sat in this position, unmoving until Jax came back. We heard him calling out through the pack house as he looked for us. None of us replied. It just didn’t seem right to talk out loud when Nyx was around – she really was miserable. It kind of rubbed off on the two of us too. The rest of the family was mostly quiet now.

He finally thought to check our room – Arabelle was sleeping, meaning that we were the only ones that he could talk too – if he wanted to talk. He slammed the door open angrily. “I’ve been calling, you know. It wouldn’t have been that hard to call back to me.” He yelled at us, and the three of us flinched back – Ezra only looked at him in the eye emotionlessly. It must have been a demon thing.

None of us said anything, which only angered him more. “You guys are pathetic, you know? Useless. I know that Landon and Memphis have passed but that doesn’t give you the right to just mope around. It’s stupid.” He grumbled, slamming the door behind him as Nyx began to whimper and cry.