Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-two

~*~*~*~* Eirian’s POV ~*~*~*

I sat down, feeling my entire body sink into the soft lounge room chair. It’s been one year since the incident with Jax, and since he put a curse on me. I still had nightmares about how he marched into the house – I don’t remember much else of what happened… Apart from waking up and pulling out a small tree from my head.

Suddenly Demetrious runs past me, shrieking as Nyx attempts to catch him so she can put clothes on him. Apparently this was a stage that some children went through. He hates wearing clothes right now, and f the first few times that it had happened I remember that Christian felt really awkward about it. It was kind of cute at first, but it quickly got boring when you were the one chasing him around the house.

I laughed, watching as Nyx started scolding him in three different languages. I think it was a perk of being able to live for so long – she had the time to learn anything and everything. I jumped up as I heard a knock on the door. It was either Christian or Argyros and Belle. They were expecting their first child too, so long as I didn’t have to babysit it was going to be fine.

Today was Demetrious’ first birthday, and apparently it’s a very important one – judging by the fuss that Nyx is making about it. Even Ezra doesn’t understand. Last night, up until 11 pm, all we could hear was banging as she attempted to cook a banquet amount of food for a little boy that could barely even tell us what he liked and didn’t like. Ridiculous.

But then again, you really just can’t get a mother to see logic when it comes to things like this. I sighed, watching as she manages to catch Demetrious and shoves a button up shirt on him… Only to have him wriggle away as soon as she was done. I walked towards the front door and almost trip over a number of boxes, wrapped up.

Great, presents. They probably make noise too. Disgruntled, I pull over the door and let in Argyros and Belle. Oh well, it’s not going to be too bad. Christian was just pulling up the driveway in his beaten up old car. He walked up to plant a kiss on my forehead, sporting his own gift for the ugly little naked child running around inside.

I shut and lock the front door… And we had a lot of locks now too. Plus the front doors reinforced, Ezra wasn’t going to take any chances of his family being harmed again. He wasn’t a whole lot older than me, but he played the over protective father role really well… And he acted more like a father than an older brother to me – but I had taken to seeing both Nyx and him as my parents now.

I walked inside, to find that Nyx had somehow managed to catch the evil little animal and get clothes on him. He was already strapped into a highchair for getting his presents, but the food wasn’t brought out yet. “Mum, when are we going to start the food?” I asked her, frowning in confused. Doesn’t the food always come first, or come with the presents? So that we have something to do?

“I’ll bring it out in a little while, presents first so Demetrious can entertain himself and then we have some time to actually talk while he’s preoccupied. It’s not every day that we get together like this.” She smiled warmly at me, even though the family often came together a lot. Argyros and Belle were over about every second night for dinner – Nyx was an amazing cook. Plus Christian would usually be here with us if it wasn’t a night where he would need to feed. His family weren’t exactly warm to him.

“Okay.” I nodded, smiling at her as Ezra passed his son a gift. “You open that, buddy.” He told Demetrious, who gave him a weird look and tried to put the paper covered box in his mouth. “No!” Ezra shrieked, much like the boy that I had first met all of those years ago when we were still friends, and not family. “Like this.” I watched as he gently started ripping the paper off of the present, sighing as Demetrious watches enraptured.