Chapter 3

BEV

“There’s my girl!”

“Charlie! Ugh, I am so happy to see you!”

Charlie met me in the parking structure of our apartment when I finally got into town. I drove for five hours the night before and did the final stretch today. Because of some road construction just south of Illinois that messed up my timing and I hit early rush hour traffic getting around the city. I was expecting to get here around two, but instead, it was closer to six and I was beyond tired.

He held out his arms and I jumped into him, wrapping my legs around his midsection. “I was starting to have Bev withdrawals.”

“No, you weren’t!” I giggle. “It’s barely been a few days since we saw each other.”

“I know, but I’ve been looking forward to you finally being here. I just missed you so damn much.”

“Well, I am here now.”

Charlie sets me down on my feet, but still keeps me close by, ”Do you need to get unpacked now or can you wait for a bit?”

“I should be fine with just my overnight bag for now. I need a shower and a change of clothes like something bad. Will everything be okay down here?”

“Yeah, it’ll be fine down here for a couple of hours. I’ll ask Liam to help unload later.”

Liam lives across the hall from Charlie. He was one of the first friends he made when he moved here at the beginning of the year. I’ve met him a few times, he’s a nice guy and I’m happy that Charlie has had somebody here to keep him company.

Charlie grabs my overnight bag and we head up the elevator to our place. I’ve been here plenty of times when I was visiting, but it feels different this time. I’m not coming here to visit my boyfriend. I’m moving in with my fiancee and beginning our life together. 

“Does it feel like home?”

“It still kind of feels like a bachelor pad, Charlie. You don’t mind if I add a few touches, do you? I think if I “Bev” it up a bit, it’ll feel more like I belong here.”

“Of course you can! This is your place now. We can’t paint or make any permanent changes, but feel free to do whatever you want other than that.”

“Maybe I’ll go shopping while you’re working this week.”

“Whatever you want, babe. Come here. I need to kiss you.”

Charlie grabs me by the waist and pulls me into his body. His lips crash against mine with a need and desire. It doesn’t take long before we’re making our way down the short hallway and into the bedroom. Charlie rips his shirt off and then shoves me to the bed and slides his hands up my sides until he can take my shirt off too. “I missed this, baby. God I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too, Charlie. I need you, please. It’s been too long.”

“I’ve got you, don’t worry.”

Once we’re both spent, Charlie falls down on the bed next to me and runs his hands through my hair, “You look so beautiful after you have an orgasm.”

I bark out a laugh, “Do I look like an ogre before?”

“Nah,” he winks, “you’re always pretty.”

“Nice save. “

He leans down and presses his lips against my forehead. “You should go take a shower and I’ll get dinner ordered. Are you cool with sushi?”