Chapter 16

BEV

“Jenn, can you please get these to the guys?” I frantically shove the plastic container of boutonnnieres into her hands. “And have you seen the caterer? They should have been here by now.” 

“I just got off the phone with them, they are on their way.”

“They’re going to have enough time to set up for the cocktail hour?” I glance at my watch for the millionth time today. “They were supposed to be here an hour ago.”

“That’s what I said, but he swore to me that they’d have enough time. Everything for the cocktail hour is cold anyway, so it should take a lot of time. Now, Bev, I love you dearly, but you need to get ready because this isn’t just a wedding, this is your sister’s wedding.”

“Okay, but I just need to make sure that the centerpieces are all ready. Wait, when was the last time we checked the ceremony site?”

Jenn puts her hands on my shoulders and starts pushing me away from the front of the reception barn and towards the house. “Jenn, stop!” I try to drag my feet, but she’s relentless.

“No. I’ve got this from here. You put a lot of time into this wedding, but you’re forgetting I’ve handled weddings here for years now. You need to get dressed because you’re not just the planner, it is your sister’s wedding. I have everything from this point on. I will see you at the wedding.”

“But,” I try to speak up, but Jenn cuts me off and points to the big house.

“Go. I love you, but if you don’t go I am going to pick you up and take you inside.”

“I don’t think you could lift me.”

She lifts her eyebrow, “Do you want to test that theory?”

“No, ma’am. I’m sorry, I just want everything to be perfect for her.”

“And it will be. Go. Shoo. Leave.”

She spins me around and gives me a little pat on my backside to force me to walk towards the barn. I’m so nervous about all of the little details for today. I’ve planned weddings before. I have planned other events before, but today is different. This is my sister’s wedding and after everything that has happened, I just want it to be beyond perfect.

When I get into the house I see the boys running around in their little suits. I make myself a peanut butter sandwich and head upstairs to my bedroom to get ready for the day. Brielle is getting ready here and Mitch and his guys are at the bunkhouse they’re calling their house right now. I’m half-tempted to go check on them, but Jenn swears she has it all covered.

I slip into my dress for the day. It is a dusty pink that is similar to Brooke’s maid of honor dress, but a little darker. While her dress is a strapless tea-length dress with a sweetheart neckline, I’ll be wearing a knee-length dress with a v-neck and straps that are about an inch wide. I also helped Britt pick out her dress, it is a periwinkle blue high-low dress that has a ¾ sleeve and belts at the waist. 

The color pallet looks nice together and also looks nice with the ivory color that Brielle picked for her dress. Britt and I finish getting ready at the same time and take her truck down to Brielle’s house with the boys. 

“Hey! How is the bride doing?” I ask as run into my mom in the kitchen downstairs.

“Well, she’s not throwing up anymore.”

“Morning sickness?” I frown.

Mom shakes her head, “I think she’s just nervous and the baby isn’t helping any. What about you, sweetheart, did you eat something today?”