Chunin Exams

I have been back in the village for almost a month now. I have spent most of my time, cleaning, buying new clothes, filling out documents and other painful adult things. I've also been called by Lord Third to discuss where I have been, what happened, if I was okay, and about my rank. Lord third was concerned if I should be demoted and retake the Chunin exams to regain my bearings, so to speak. However, I didn't have a team to participate with.

Eventually, ... "(Y/n), we have decided that you will partake in this years Chunin exams." Lord third said. Next to him was the 2 elders, and geezer Danzo was also in the room.

"Without a team? Am I going to be assigned members?" I asked, knowing there is at least one team mission included in these exams.

"Since the only actual team exam is the second part, you only have to participate in the first and the third. The second exam you will attend as well, but you will be given a different set of rules." He explained.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just give me a separate test entirely?" I asked, since it seemed like a very troublesome matter.

"Well, yes, but everyone is busy preparing for these exams, so it would be faster for you to do the exams rather a separate test. The Jonin have been notified and will be giving you a harder test in the first half." he said and I nodded.

I left the office and walked around the village. ".. It's going to be that stupid test again isn't it.." I thought thinking back to my first time taking the test.

"Why don't we work on improving our teamwork together?" I heard Sakura's voice and looked up to see Kakashi and his team at the end of an alley. I decided to wlak towards them since i had nothing to do.

"You're just like Naruto." I overheard Sasuke. "If you have time to spend on me, why don't you practice a jutsu. To tell you frankly, your abilities are less than Naruto's." Sasuke told her and then left. He grabbed my arm as he walked, pulling mw qith him.

"Hm? Wait- what's - hey." I stopped walking and he stopped as well. "What's going on with you guys?" I asked.

"It annoys me... Naruto.. and the masked kid..." He said and I saw his balled up fists.

"You don't have to be annoyed with him." I said and he looked at me.

"If you were still genin, I would rather be on a team with you." he said.

I laughed, "I became a Chunin at like... 7 or 8..." I thought knowing better than to tell him that.

"Stop being all sulky and depressed." I said and he smiled at me. "Your whole team has potential, don't get too hung up on whose stronger than who okay?" I asked and gave him a quick hug. "I gotta go." I smiled and waved bye to him.

I made my way home to take a quick inventory to see what I needed and what I already had. I held my kunai, and adjusted my grip. "I need to get a new one, I wasn't able to take care of this one properly." I sighed since it was a birthday gift. I looked at my medical supplies of bandages, pills, needles, threads and etc.

I left my house to get some shopping done, and sensed the other chakra signatures from other villages, which is expected because of the exams, but one stood out to me. ".. Gaara ..." I muttered, turning my head to the direction in which I sensed his presence. I then went to an empty field to practice my throwing, jutsu's sword techniques and etc.

~timeskip~

After a week, I went to the building where the test was being held. I was about to go in until I heard my name. I turned around and saw Naruto smiling and waving at me excitedly. "You guys are taking the test?" I asked.

"Yep!" Naruto smiled.

"It's been barely a year since your team got together, right?" I asked, not sure about this decision.

"Yup!" Sakura smiled proudly.

"Well, let's go in then." I said and we all walked in.

The 3 of us walked up the stairway and were about to go to the next one, but a huge crowd of students were just standing around. I looked up and saw a sign say 301. "I hate genjutsus.." I thought.

"A brat such as this a chunin?" I saw 2 kids who looked oddly very familiar standing in front of classroom 301.

"What's so bad about weeding out those who won't pass anyway?" One of them asked.

"Yes, however, could you let us through?" I asked them, making my way to the front of the crowd.

"And could you undo this barrier created with genjutsu?" Sasuke asked as well. 

"We have business on the 3rd floor." I smiled, crossing my arms.

"What's she talking about?" Someone behind me asked.

"I don't know." someone answered.

"Well, well" one of them smiled.

"So, you noticed, eh?" the other said.

"How about it, Sakura?" Sasuke asked. "You should've been the first one to realize it."

"Of course. I realized it ages ago! This is the 2nd floor!" Sakura said.

Suddenly, someone in a green track suit thing attempted to kick Sasuke, but he easily blocked the kick with his own. "Alright, enough of that." I said pushing both of them away from each other. 

"You're.. a rookie, right? Who are you?" I turned to the one who asked the question, and from his eyes, I knew he was from the Hyuga clan.

"I'm not obligated to answer." Sasuke said and the Hyuga kid turned to me.

"I'm -" Sasuke covered my mouth. "She isn't obligated to answer either." he said, pulling me up to the third floor, Naruto and Sakura following after us.