Runaway

Later that night, I yawned and walked down the familiar road to home. I paused, sensing something weird again. "I felt this earlier... It's coming from..." I turned and glared in that direction, "Sasuke is that way.." I thought and jumped off the roads and onto the roofs.

I quietly landed in the tree from earlier today and saw ninjas, and Sasuke. I looked over the 4 of them and tried to find their headbands or marks to find the village they were from. A silver haired one was holding Sasuke by the ankle. A red haired girl then seemed to be talking him as well. It was obvious enough that they were Orochimaru's henchmen. I looked below me and it was a tanned male with a few extra arms. I looked closer and saw Sasuke had activated his curse mark, and I could slightly see the curse marks on the others as well.

"This is bad.... How'd they even get into the village..." I thought knowing that the village has a barrier around it. 

The four of them then quickly disappeared and I quickly jumped out from the tree and landed next to him. "What did they say to you? What happened to you?" I asked kneeling next to you and looking at his scratches.

He silently stood up, "Don't try to stop me." he said and left.

"Hey! I'm not done with you!" I said and chased after him. I followed him back to his apartment to see him packing. I grabbed his arm as he was gathering his things, "What did they tell you?" I asked him.

"They .. offered me something." He told me.

"Don't lie to me. I know who they work for. That man will do nothing for you, he is only interested in his own needs! You don't have to go to him to get stronger, you could-" Sasuke shook off my hand and continued packing. He paused and was staring at a picture. I walked over and it was a photo of Team 7. "... Are you really going?" I asked him, my arms crossed.

"I'm going.. to get stronger... so I can kill Itachi... he.. betrayed the clan, he killed my mother and father... I'm going to kill him. You can't stop me (Y/n)." he said, turning to me and I saw the determination in his eyes.

I sighed, "There has to be another way. Do you really want to kill your brother? He's all you have left." I asked him.

"Another way? Like what?" he asked me. I couldn't answer him, I didn't know the full story, all I know is that the Itachi I knew wouldn't do something without a good reason. He loved this village, his clan, his friends, his family, but I know Sasuke won't believe me if I say that.

"That's what I thought..." He said and turned the picture down against his dresser.

"There are better ways to get stronger than going to that snake. He can't be trusted." I told him.

"I know, but he's the only person who can help me get stronger. I don't need this village and its teachings." he said slinging his bag over his shoulders.

"Just.. Just remember, you can't trust him. If he can help you get stronger, in the end, he's just looking out for himself. He's only going to use you to get what he wants." I told him. 

"You should go home, get some sleep. You're not as young as you used to be." he said and I scoffed. "Here." he said and gave me his headband.

I sighed and felt arms wrap around my waist. "Thank you, for everything.." he mumbled, his forehead pressed against mine.

"I'm breaking up with you now. I can't have any distractions.." he mumbled, lightly kissing me. I returned the kiss, then felt something prick me in the neck. I felt my legs give out from under me. I looked at Sasuke. "I'm sorry. You'll be fine by morning." he said and left.

"Wait. You! F-!." I attempted to move my fingers, my feet, anything, but nothing was responding. "Damn it." I sighed, staring at the ceiling.

~morning~

By the time I was able to move again, it was 4 AM. I forced myself up onto my knees. "I put.. a mark in the Hokage office.. I have to tell Lady Tsunade." I muttered and flashed to my mark in the Hokage office.

"(Y/n)?!" I heard her say my name as I landed in her office.

"I apologize for barging in like this." I said and shakily got to my feet. "... Sasuke left the village. I'm sorry I didn't come to inform you earlier. I let my guard down and he immobilized me. He's going to Orochimaru." I told her.

".. We are aware." she said. "You will perform your first mission as a Chunin, along with (Y/n)." Lady Tsunade said, looking at me and Shikamaru who I just now notice was also here.

"So all I have to do is bring Sasuke back?" Shikamaru asked.

"Yes, however, not only is time of the essence on this mission, but it may turn into something quite difficult. There is a possibility that those under the control of Orochimaru are guiding Sasuke." Tsunade said.

"Please give me, I mean us a four-man team composed only go Jonin and Chunin." He said.

"That's not possible. Very few Jonin are left in the village, everyone else is out on missions." I said looking at Shikamaru.

"In 30 minutes, I want you to gather all the Genin you consider the best and leave the village!" Tsunade ordered.

~~

I made my way to the village gate. Shikamaru was already there with other ninja's. "Already giving out positions?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're in the back, in front of Neji." he said and I nodded. 

"Fine." I answered and went to all of them and tapped them all on the back. "I've placed a mark on all of you, don't try wipe it off, it won't come off. If something happens, I can get to you and either bring you back to the village or back to the group depending on your condition." I said and went to the door and placed a mark on the door as well.

"Alright, let's move out." he said  and we then set out to catch our runaway.