Exam 2 part 1

I arrived the next morning and I looked up at the giant dark forest beyond the gates. "Feels like it's here every year.." I thought, putting my hands in my pockets. Everyone else was split up into their respective teams, most of them eyeing other teams, as if trying to pick an easy target.

"This is the location for the 2nd exam, the 44th training field. Also known as, the forest of death." Anko said to us.

We were then given time to ourselves as each team was given their respective scrolls. I caught sight of Naruto's bright blonde hair along with the pale pink of Sakura's. Their team seemed to be getting interviewed by Konohamaru. 

I heard my name get called and I entered the tent to receive my scroll. Anko saw me and smiled, "As you know, your task will be to obtain both the heaven and earth scroll." she said and I nodded.

"Any chance you know my previous record?" I asked and Anko looked down at her papers.

"2 days, and you had a team with you." She said and I nodded.

"And this time I'm alone, and have to get both scrolls.." I sighed.

"There was someone who took this part alone before. Cleared it in .. about 5 hours I believe." Anko smiled at me.

"I have an idea which prodigy that is." I smiled and left the tent after receiving my gate number. It was one of the farthest ones from the tower, mainly blocked with a lot of obstacles of uneven road, fallen trees, ditches, overgrown weeds and etc. 

~timeskip~

I made my way to the last gate, number 44. "Ready... Start" I walked past the gate keeper and went to the high ground to avoid the uneven landscape and to avoid leaving tracks. After distancing myself quite far from the gate, I mentally tried to recall the layout of the area from when I first took the exam. However, things such as trees, and landscape has probably changed since then. I looked up to see how much daylight I have left, which was hard since the trees blocked most of the sky. 

I relaxed and focused my attention to sense the chakra energies around me. "That older hyuga kid is the closest, Gaara is far and Naruto is nearby." I mentally noted to myself. I carefully made my way towards the Hyuga team. I got as close as I could before I knew they could accurately sense me. I weaved a few hand signs, "Water style: Hidden Mist jutsu." I muttered and the surrounding area was shrouded in mist. I carefully watched them, seeing who they would protect first, since that person would likely have the scroll.

"Who's there?" I heard a female voice ask.

"Stick close." I heard a male voice.

"Byakugan!" The Hyuga said, then did the pesky spinning rotation and the mist dispersed.

"Impressive. But unlucky." I smiled and then did a new set of seals. "Water style: Black Rain jutsu." A black cloud then moved over the three of them and it rained black rain.

"Oil?!" the girl asked looking at her arm, once the rain stopped I jumped down from my place on the tree, "If you don't want to be burned to a crisp, I suggest... that you hand over your scroll." I held a simple explosive between my fingers.

"Don't do it Neji!" The girl said with her kunai out facing me.

"We outnumber her! We can do this!" The one dressed as mini Guy said getting in his own stance.

"You're all covered in oil, one spark, and you are all barbecue." I smiled. "I rather not do that to someone from the same village. Especially not Guy's students."

"You know Guy-sensei?" the one in a green jumpsuit. 

"I know a lot of people." I smiled. "Now, the scroll?" I asked, holding out one of my hands.

"Take it." The hyuga reluctantly threw his scroll to me.

I looked down to see it was an earth scroll. "Thanks." I smiled. "Piece of advice, don't go that way." I pointed in the direction that I knew Gaara was in, and beyond that was Naruto. "There's a river that way. Hope to see you in the end!" I waved and quickly left before they could try take their scroll back. 

"Where to now?" I talked to no one in particular.

I suddenly felt an odd chill down my spine, and looked in the direction that felt.. cold. "Naruto? Gaara?" I thought and began making my way in that direction.

I managed to find the three of them easily. I couldn't see Naruto, only Sasuke and Sakura. I made a couple of shadow clones. "Find Naruto and help him if he needs it." I whispered and they nodded, leaving to search for him.

I watched the rain ninja woman, the same one that strangely caught a kunai with their tongue earlier today. The mystery ninja slowly made their way towards Sasuke and Sakura. I watched as Sasuke stabbed his own leg and grabbed Sakura, moving them both out of the way. 

I looked at this strange ninja, they seemed to know where Sasuke had disappeared to. I sighed, quickly making my way down the tree and to where Sasuke had hidden himself. I landed in front of them, startling them. I put my hands up when Sasuke held a kunai at me out of reflex, "Hey, friendly." I smiled and Sasuke relaxed, sitting against the tree trunk, resting his hand against his hip, still tightly holding the kunai. "Let me see your leg.." I whispered to him and he nodded. 

I placed my hand on Sakura's shoulder, moving her aside and at the same time, placing a seal on her. Then, I gently placed my hand on Sasuke's shoulder and felt him shaking as well. I easily put a seal on him too without him noticing. I put my hand over his thigh, and began to heal him.

"Calm down and think through your actions, panicking won't help you." I said to them, specifically to him. I then heard Sakura trying to speak and I noticed a shadow. I grabbed Sakura by the wrist and Sasuke by his elbow and jumped away from the giant snake, just in time as it took a giant bite out of the branch we were on. I landed on a separate tree and Sasuke quickly killed the snake. The snake fell limp, and something emerged from its neck.

It was the rain ninja from earlier, she wrapped herself up and around the tree like a snake. She was about to lunge at Sasuke, but was stopped by 4 shuriken's and a kunai. We all turned to look at who it was, and it was Naruto. Behind him was my clone. "The password, I forgot it!" Naruto said proudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~