Leaving

I felt something warm shining down on my face. I opened my eyes and saw the sun shining through my window. "I hate this place." I thought. I looked around, seeing Kakashi was next to me, reading his damned book.

"I hate that series." I spoke in a raspy voice, coughing with my dry throat.

"You seem better. You had small injuries compared to everyone else, and the sleeping pill Sasuke gave you has no dangerous side effects." Kakashi said to me, helping me sit up, giving me a cup of water.

"I see.." I looked out my window, trying to figure out what time it was.

"You okay?" Kakashi asked me.

"As I'll ever be.. So, did the doctors say anything else?" I asked him.

"Doctors say your fine. You'll probably have to stay the night at most." He said reading his book again and I nodded.

"I'll be fine. You can check on the others." I told him.

"Are you sure?" he asked me and I nodded.

~~

It's been about 5 months since Sasuke left. I was called into the Hokage's office and knocked on the door and entered when given permission.

"Another mission?" I asked and she nodded.

"This one will be quite different compared to your others." she said smiling at me.

"How different?" I asked.

"You'll be with me and Naruto for the next few years." I turned and saw it was Jiraiya.

"What?" I asked looking at Tsunade.

"The Akatsuki is after your brother, and he will be safer traveling with me rather than in the village." Jiraiya said to me.

"Okay, why do I need to come along?" I asked, since Jiriaya was enough protection.

"I would think that you want to stay with your brother while he trains for 3 years." Tsunade said looking at me.

"Well, yes, but one of the 3 saint should be more than enough protection." I said looking at Jiraiya.

"Not for protection. For bonding, he may not know it but he is still your brother. Have you guys talked, at all?" Tsunade asked me.

"W-well, he-"

"So, would you come or not?" Jiraiya asked me, cutting me off.

"... I'll come along." I said smiling.

"Alright, we leave in 2 hours." Jiraiya said and I nodded going home to pack.

As I was packing my last things, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and saw it was Kakashi. "Heard you were leaving." He said and I nodded.

"Keys?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll take care of the place while you're gone." he said.

"Alright. I'll umm..  see you in a few years?" I asked.

"Be careful out there. Take care of yourself." he said.

"Are you worried I'm going to die again?" I smiled picking up my bag.

"Not funny." he said and I looked up at him.

"I'll be careful." I said and hugged him. "I'll miss you." I said.

I felt a hand on my head, "I'll miss you too." he said and he pressed a kiss to my forehead and smiled. I smiled in return, "I'm not a child anymore you know." I looked at him.

"I know." He replied and after another quick good bye, I left for the village gates.

I saw Jiraiya and Naruto waiting for me. "Let's go!" Jiraiya said.

I glanced back at the Hokage rock faces. "I'll see you soon dad.." I smiled.

"(Y/n), hurry up!!" Naruto said smiling and I ran to join them.

"Coming!" I said and ran to catch up with them.

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

There WILL be a sequel. It's called Sasuke x reader 2, because I'm too lazy to think of a creative title. It will be set in the Shippuden series! It will come out in a few days! 

This is what the cover looks like!

Picture NOT MINE