little assholes

◦☆*★ ━━━━━━ ★*☆◦

tw: f slur

"What was Will saying?" Mike asked his group of friends.

They were now out of the school, retreated to Mike's basement to recuperate. Eleven was drained from using her powers earlier, so she was lying stomach down on Mike's couch, head to the side as she stared at nothing in particular. The rest of the Party (ie: Sam, Lucas, Mike, and Dustin) were racking their brains, trying to piece together what the hell just happened.

"Like home...'" he repeated. "'Like home... but dark'?"

Lucas sighed shakily, adding, "And empty."

"And cold," continued Sam with an unstable nod.

Dustin, who was sat on the basement's stairs, furrowed his eyebrows. "Are we sure he said empty and cold? What does that even mean?"

"I don't know," Lucas shrugged sharply. "The stupid radio kept doing in and out."

"It's like riddles in the dark," Dustin muttered underneath his breath, unhelpfully. "Doesn't help that none of us could reach him."

Then — as if being remembered of something very important — Lucas, Mike, and Dustin straightened up at the same time. Knowing where this was going, Sam stiffened. Slowly (and creepily) they turned to face Sam in unison.

"Except for Sam," corrected Lucas, with an unreadable look on his face.

With a face slowly filling with knowing dread, Sam's face fell. "Don't look at me like that," she protested.

"You talked to him, Sam," Mike pointed out, with a tone that told Sam this topic was unarguable.

Stubbornly, Sam shook her head. "N-no I didn't, all right? I don't know why he would... Maybe the radio cut out? We had to have missed part of what he said. He wouldn't have said my name."

Somehow, they all made identical faces; raising their eyebrows, unamused.

"I didn't do anything," Sam spoke to them slowly, with a serious-slowly-getting-pissed-off face. She believed it with her whole heart. There was no way she somehow managed through to Will, who not even Eleven was able to speak to. That didn't make any sense.

"You spoke to him!" Mike repeated in a desperate manner, as if begging Sam to get that through her head. "How are you misinterpreting this?"

Sam's hands were slowly starting to shake, so she crossed her arms to hide that fact. She just shrugged with her shoulders, countering, "He was speaking to his mom. That's the important part. Did you hear what he was saying?"