that would be electrifying, wouldn't it?

◦☆*★ ━━━━━━ ★*☆◦

The preparation for The Sauna Test — as Sam had dubbed it — had gone perfectly, according to Mike's plan. They'd taken the dummy that Sam had stolen, and duct taped a Walkie around it. Sam had volunteered hers, although she had just gotten a new Walkie after it broke last year. She just hoped something wouldn't happen to this one, too.

They'd stuck the dummy into the sauna when everyone had exited the pool. Everyone, except for Billy, who was now showering after his shift. Lucas was in the control room, waiting for a signal in his Walkie through Max's. The rest of them were hidden in supply closets and lockers. Sam had chosen to hide in the closet, accompanied by Will and Max. Corey was hiding in an entire closet of his own due to his horrible claustrophobia. Mike and El were both in a respective locker, and Sam couldn't fathom how that was comfortable.

In only a few minutes, they heard the water of Billy's shower turn off. Sam nodded towards Max, who brought her Walkie up to her mouth.

"Now, Lucas," she whispered into the device.

All of a sudden, the lights of the showering rooms shut off. The lights in the locker room and the gym with the sauna were turned back on.

"Pool's closed," Billy said, not really thinking much of it.

Then, Mike banged on the locker he was inside of to really grab Billy's attention. From the closet, Sam could hear metallic scraping and clanging.

"Hey!" Billy slammed his own locker shut, searching for the source of the noise. "Do you hear me? Pool is closed!"

Billy slammed on the exit door, only to find that it was locked. Unbeknownst to Billy, they had put a lock on it from the outside, that only Lucas could unlock, because he had the key.

"Locker room lights off," Max whispered into her Walkie for Lucas to hear.

They knew Lucas heard her, because the lights shut off just like she'd asked.

Now it was Mike's turn to talk into his own Walkie. Only, this one wasn't sending a message back to Lucas. This one was connected to Sam's Walkie on full blast.

"Billy!" Mike taunted.

"Who's there?" demanded Billy, beginning through the locker room. The noise was coming further in the vicinity.

"Billy!" continued Mike, in a sing-songy voice.

"Who's there?" Billy sang back in the same tune.

Mike laughed into his Walkie, the laughter reverberated mockingly all around. Billy charged back into the shower room, slamming open shower curtains in search of Mike's voice. Sam and Will shared a look as he inched closer to the spot they wanted Billy to go.

In a jeering tone, still, Mike continued, "Billy! Billy!"

"You think this is funny, huh?" Billy sneered.

Sam snorted, because — yes — she did think it was funny. Will hit her shoulder and glared at her, so Sam stifled her laughter as to not be heard.

"Billy, come find me!" Mike teased. "Come on!"

By now, Billy was far enough from the exit so that Lucas could leave the breakers and unlock the door. Sam could hear Billy's footsteps traveling closer to where the kids were hiding.

"I find you, it is your funeral."

"Come and get me!" Mike patronized, voice echoing off everything. He laughed. "Billy! Come on!"