the one where things are cool

◦☆*★ ━━━━━━ ★*☆◦

tw: f slur

"Stephanie Hughes," cooed Sam, from her sister's doorframe. "My dear sister. My favorite sister. The light of my life—"

"What do you want, Sam?" Stephanie asked with a deadpan expression, turning off her Walkman.

Sam's false smile fell, and she wandered into Stephanie's room wordlessly.

"Get out of my room!" hissed Stephanie, slamming her Walkman down on her desk and whipping around in her swivel chair to face Sam.

In return, Sam sent her sister an innocent little smile, hands clasped behind her back and rocking on her heels.

"You know, I love you, right—?"

"Get out!"

Sam sighed, throwing her head back. Finally, she asked, "Can I borrow your quarters?"

"'Borrow'?" Stephanie repeated, raising an annoyed eyebrow. "Or steal so you can go to the arcade for an obsessive amount of time?"

Her sister gaped, wearing an offended expression. "Steph, I would never—"

"No. You can't," answered Stephanie abruptly. "Go ask Corey."

"Corey's going with us!"

"I still don't understand how that happened," Stephanie began, "but seriously. Get out of my room!"

As Stephanie shot up and began shoving Sam toward the hallway, Sam smirked back at Stephanie. "Why? Are you writing love letters to Ro—?"

"OUT!" yelled Stephanie, and then she slammed her door right in Sam's face.

Sam rounded around, finding that Corey was waiting right outside Stephanie's room for Sam. But, Sam had to admit, she already knew Corey was right there.

With a mischievous smile, she pulled her hands out of her jacket's pockets to reveal five quarters in each hand. Ten quarters stolen from Stephanie's room when Stephanie was too busy berating Sam to notice.

"All right, let's go before she notices," nodded Corey, showing ten quarters of his own — they had twenty in total. The Party was going to flip.

The cousins started to run out of the house, so momentarily blinded by their mission to swindle Stephanie that they forgot about one other hindering factor.

"Where the fuck do you two think you're going?"

Sam and Corey paused in their tracks, turning in unison to face Uncle Dan on the couch. The duo made eye contact, before their heads faced him again.