Black magic -sukuna

"This is new," you comment with a glare, your ankle propped on Sukuna's knee.

"Shut up," he rolls his eyes, pushing your skirt aside to clean the wounds you attained through exorcising curses. You've taken a particularly strong curse today and you're caught off guard, barely finishing the mission unscathed. Limping all the way back home isn't easy especially since you live on top of the darned mountain, but if Sukuna's going to kneel in front of you like this...maybe it wasn't too tough a journey. "You should stop going to missions you're not ready for. Look at you, all wounded and bloody."

"You sound like you care."

"You're my wife," he huffs while dropping the bloody towel on the floor. Sukuna wraps the bandage around your ankle and carries you bridal style even though you're perfectly capable of walking, but he shoots you a silencing glare. You'd have knocked him in the face any other day, but he's particularly warm and smells nice today - plus you're beat - that you bury your face in his chest, ignoring that stupid fluttering in your stomach. "Of course I do."

You snicker, mind tracing back to your earlier years of this dreaded marriage.

It definitely wasn't the best - the memories blurring between strangling each other to making out as if breathing was never a thing - and it felt like forever ago when you first met him.

You'd never say it out loud, but... you don't regret this arranged marriage. Not when Sukuna is tucking himself beside you on the bed, your head above his muscular chest a place similar to home. He covers both your bodies over with a blanket, pulling your body closer to him with a strong arm, his lips pressing onto the crown of your head.

Ugh, you think to yourself, giving in to the need to cuddle your husband after a long day of work. You still refuse to say it out loud, though, and you irk him further by muttering, "That's not what you said two years ago."

"I wasn't in love with you then."

"I refuse to be married to you!"

Sukuna fights back the urge to cover his ears. Ever since your clan decided to visit his land and started exorcising curses one by one, his life has been nothing but hell. Not only are your relatives the most arrogant people ever with a consistent god complex, they just had to let their little mortal child be in charge of taking on the stronger curses. Seriously, what were they thinking, sending you - who's barely even out of their training bra years - to deal with curses like him?

Everyone knows Sukuna is a no bullshit man. He won't hesitate to cut your head off the moment you came raging at him, but then he sees how young you are and decides to send you back to your family.

Expecting that everyone would just call it a day and he'd get offerings for his unexpected mercy, Sukuna is beyond stupefied when they send you back to his temple, all dressed pretty with a basket of fruits and flowers braided in your hair. He remembers growling because you look adorable, but that's easily wiped away when you open your mouth, your voice scratchy against his ears as you stomp your feet like the young mortal you are.

Sukuna pushes a thumb to his forehead to ease the impending headache, and that's just from your presence. Something inside him tells that you're going to be a bigger pain than you look.

"You don't have much of a choice. You should've thought of that before deciding to run rampage over my land," he reminds, turning boredly to his lone servant from above his throne. Sukuna isn't impressed, to say the least, especially with your clan's audacious proposition to gain his favour just this once. "Is this really the woman you bring me - the one they insist to be my wife?"

"She is their best fighter, my Lord."

Well, he can't disagree to that. You did, after all, single-handedly give him a cut on the cheek. "She's feisty indeed."