Chapter Two

<You're my safe haven<3 >

-Chapter Two: The blonde boy

Beau was shaken awake by Steven once he had parked in front of the beach house they all couldn't wait to arrive at. "We're hereee!" Steven sang out once he saw his brother's eyes open. Beau yawned as he saw Laurel hugging him, the blonde boy who had taken over Beau's dreams. He had then moved on from Laurel, who went to hug Susannah, to hug Steven as Beau slowly moved out of the car, Belly taking even longer.

A whole bunch of "Heys!" and "Hellos!" were exchanged before Steven and Jeremiah stopped hugging, then he turned to Beau who was getting Mr. Quakers. Jeremiah smiled and quietly went behind him and hugged him from the back. "Beau!" Said boy jumped before smiling and turning around with Mr. Quakers in his hand. "Jere!" He hugged him back with the best of his ability while making sure Mr. Quakers was safe.

Before Jeremiah let go of the shorter male, he gave him a squeeze. "Your hair is blonde." Jeremiah stated looking at his hair, Beau laughed "I was tired of the black." He said, retracting his arms carefully. "I have someone I want you to meet," Beau said and Jeremiah looked at him questionably. Beau held Mr.Quakers up, "This is Mr. Quakers! My baby duck" He proudly stated.

"Oh my god, he is so cute!" Jeremiah petted him with his finger "And so soft!" Beau smiled happily "I know right!" Susannah looked over at her son and Beau while they were gushing over Mr. Quakers, who was soaking up all the attention. "Laurel..look how cute!" She pointed at them. Laurel looked over at her son and smiled fondly, "Take a picture." She excitedly told her friend. Susannah obliged.

"Hey hey, guys guys" Steven called to get their attention "I mean, I-I don't know about you, but I... Well, I-I think it's time for a... For a..." Jeremiah joined in "Belly Flop!" Conrad, Jeremiah, and Steven all grabbed Belly and headed to the back where the pool was. Beau shook his head and started walking towards Susannah and his mother. "Hey Aunt Suzie" Beau handed his mother Mr. Quakers and hugged Susannah tightly.

Beau has called Susannah that since he started talking, no one knew why or how but it stuck, and it made Susannah happy every time it was said. "Hi Beau! Oh my god you are so much taller now!" She hugged him back. They ended the hug and Beau was given Mr. Quakers again."Do you guys need help with anything?" He asked the moms. They both smiled at him warmly. "Just bringing stuff in."

So he did just that. "Oh, my God, Laurel. How many boxes did you bring? I told you not to bother." Susannah chuckled, Laurel playfully scoffed "Your fancy little market doesn't even carry Diet Coke, Beck." Beau finished bringing in the rest of the boxes when Belly came in getting water all over the place. "That's everything!"He smiled and pecked Susannah on the cheek as well as his mother who came back with a towel.

"I'm going to go unpack. I love you." He started to head upstairs. "Alright sweetie, I love you too! Thank you for helping!" Laurel called out as Susannah and Belly started talking about who she looked like more and how much she has grown. "C'mon Mr. Quakers" Beau placed the duckling on his shoulder as they made their way towards his summer room.

As Beau was putting the last of his clothes away when Jeremiah came into his room and hopped onto his bed, careful of the baby duck that was sleeping on his pillow. "I can't believe you were able to get a baby duck." He laughed, petting Mr. Quakers again "I know right." Beau finished putting his clothes away and sat on the chair swing looking at Jeremiah, "Come on let's swim before dinner, please?" Jeremiah stopped petting the sleeping duck and laid on his stomach propped up by his hands.

"Sure, I just need to get changed." Beau told him with a smile and a shrug Jeremiah smiled happily "Yes! I'll meet you outside, okay?" Beau nodded as Jeremiah left. Beau got changed and made sure Mr. Quakers will be okay before he went downstairs grabbing a towel and meeting up with Jeremiah. "Wait for me!" Beau heard Belly shout and he groaned looking at Jeremiah who looked back confused.

Jeremiah knew Belly was homophobic and he knew about all of Beau's treatment from his dad and Belly. Plus he was hoping to get some alone time with the boy next to him. "Oh, hey Bells" Jeremiah greeted as Belly blushed before throwing a discreet look of disgust at Beau."Hey. Did you know my dad's coming up for the Fourth?" Belly asked Jeremiah, shocking Beau "Wait what?"

"Uhm cool, I guess?" Jeremiah didn't know what to say, Belly looked at him confused "Don't you think it's weird?" Beau stayed silent, looking at the floor as he walked towards the beach. Jeremiah didn't really care for John Conklin, like I said, he knows about the treatment John does to Beau. "Uh not really" He said looking at Beau, trying to figure out his emotion, how he may be feeling, "Yeah, but they've only been divorced for, like, a year and a half." Belly complained

"Your mom just doesn't give a shit." Jeremiah laughed. "Exactly. She doesn't give a shit because she's the one who wanted the divorce in the first place." Belly chuckled, Beau kicked a rock silently as Jeremiah looked at him worriedly. "I think if you don't want to be married, you just shouldn't be married." Beau chuckled thinking about how his grandma reacted "Well, tell that to my grandma. She basically collapsed when mama told her."

Belly glared at him, how dare he take the attention away. "Did you know my dad has a new girlfriend already?" Belly informed Jeremiah, thinking about how quick it took for him to get over her mom. "Well, what about your mom? Is she dating anybody?" Jeremiah asked the siblings. Beau glared at him "Yeah like I would let anyone near her." He scoffed as they made it to the beach. Belly rolled her eyes as Jeremiah chuckled at Beau.

"Oh, and he has a beard now. He thinks it makes him look cool." Belly brought the attention back to her, Jeremiah laughed and looked at her "Well does it?" Beau shook his head slowly, a discreet 'no' from him and Jeremiah laughed at him. "Kind of. I've waited all year for this." Belly said looking at the beach. "Let's race." Beau looked at Jeremiah confused as Belly started saying no in a very..pronounced way. Then she took off with Jeremiah right behind her.

"What a great way to start off my summer.." Beau sighed and placed his towel down before laying on it.